How do I prove my mineral interests in various properties that I own?

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want to research this myself, before hiring an attorney. And I have the pertinent deeds -- just not sure of wording to look for. Do you happen to know where and how in the deeds minerals are addressed? And if not in the deeds, then where?
Yes, I'm wanting to do research myself to show proof of the mineral interests that I have some evidence that I own. But I'm not sure how to pursue this.
My interest in properties are located in northeastern Marion County, southwest Marion County, and several locations in Cass County, some near Hughes Springs and some near Lake O' the Pines. I inherited some of the property from my parents and my husband and I bought some from my only sibling's inheritance.
My husband and I have added 150 acres through purchase. None of the properties are currently leased, but many, if not most, have been leased at different times in the past. I have copies of many of these oil leases.
My Dad left notes indicating which properties included which mineral rights. I would just like to be able to substantiate those notes.
What I would like to do is track down mineral rights on all of them. Some are on tracts that my Dad sold, keeping the minerals. Others are on tracts that have only about half the minerals retained. Some of the minerals, I believe, are under Lake O the Pines. It's all pretty omplicated, and I would like to wrap it all neatly, so that oil men and I will know what there is to work with.
You can researsh this yourself for your own personal use but it don't mean beans to a title examining attorney. How many ways can you spell Jose? What if he spelled it with J.H. Whoever. Jose, Hosea, Joe, Joseph. You need a professional do the research, you cannot do it yourself and make an attorney trust your work. There is no shortcuts in oil & gas.
Thank you, TD. I didn't intend to shortcut, just to corroborate information I already have. And I'd like to make it easier for the attorney.

I do appreciate any information you are willing to share.
Thank you!
First you need to determine whether your minerals are in Texas or Louisiana. Each state has very different laws. Generally speaking, Louisiana minerals attach to the surface after ten years unless there has been a lease negotiated prior to the sale, and the lease has to have been producing or commenced production prior to the expiration of the ten year period. In Texas it does not matter. Basically, you can keep your severed minerals, and I know of no county in Texas (there are 254 counties in Texas) that taxes non-producing severed minerals.
Thank you! Mine are all in Texas with the exception of some we have in Wayne County, Mississippi. Do you know anything about Mississippi laws concerning mineral rights?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service