Might be interested in this source from US gov about the price of Natural Gas

This is a database I ran across:

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/ng/ng_sum_lsum_dcu_nus_m.htm

Hope it helps anyone looking for perspective...

Tags: US, gas, marketing, natural, stats, the

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The information doesn't reflect what the market may do with the Bear trying to control the market in Europe.
I haven't played with it all that much, but my favorite part is the consumption section....speaking of Europe, I know companies like CH-IV International (shout out to Jeff!) Import LNG among the other plethora of LNG related services and it seems with working gas up 25% and storage full; we shouldn't be importing any gas for a minute.

Oh, and imagine if the vehicle column were to look more like the total consumption column?

I pray that the ASSETS don't turn into LIABILITIES due to the nature of commodity trading...guess those hedges weren't such a bad idea after all.
Don't know where you guys are getting that storage is "full" as I didn't follow the link. However, I can tell you with 1000% certainty that US storage is not "full". Current storage is at least 3600 BCF, probably more, and we are currently running at 2800 BCF. This from the EIA's Weekly Natural Gas Storage report on their website

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/natural_gas/ngs/ngs.html

Also, you may want to be careful how high you "dream" up or "hope" that demand will go. If it goes up, the prices go up but so does your electric bill. And substantially so, I might add! Just something to remember!

We import roughly 1 BCF/day of LNG, down from about 3 BCF/day a year or so ago. Our supply has increased, which decreased the price paid. And in Europe and Asia, they pay $25/mcf for LNG, whereas the LNG would only dray $8-10 in the US. So, why ship it to the US?? Japan will buy all they can!! That's why CH-4's new LNG import facility is almost empty and the company is struggling to make a nickle.
Interesting... haven't worked with Jeff on anything since my Peak-Shaving Optimization Program Marketing plan back in 2007. Most of the Peakers in the US were actually built in 1970's and in fact lose approximately 2 million bucks yearly in "not running their systems as tight as they really could (chemical comp flucuations, etc.) CH-4 does everything from independent accident investigation(plants,transport,etc.), site selection, due diligence, construction, operations and training....they are also involved in transport themselves (ocean,land,logistics/distribution) and so on. They also have "rich parents" MPR (the guys who run nuclear energy, etc.)
I wouldn't worry about them too much, they can bounce back from whatever hiccup...

I am curious how they could justify my electric bill increasing anymore than it has over the past 6mos as the database shows (ironically the price of gas was decreasing while the residential price increased 30% or so)?

Just making a point that the industry will be able to stablize the delicate balance between supply and demand. Speaking of, what do you guys think about Iran converting all of their vehicles to CNG...not a bad idea!
Why all the "NA" under production for 2008?
You will love this even more:

The govt. has been observed changing their facts and figures in databases such as these. One of my Democracy Now friends showed me where in an election year they actually transformed the raw data, recalculating inflation and other variables of interest....

At least they are basically saying, "we just aren't going to tell you", as honest as it gets these days.
This is why it important to write your congressman about CNG. The demand for NG will increase and the price would hopefully stabilize somewhere between $8-$12 if a certain percentage of cars ran on CNG. We can sit a talk about how big our bonuses are going to be but if there is no demand for NG our bonuses will be $0. I don't want another 80s bust.
I made this a tab available under "notes" up top..hope this helps...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service