Now that T-B Pickens is hawking the compressed Natural Gas for automobile fuel thing and Shreveport just happens to be sitting upon one of the largest NG Shale finds in the United States history, shouldn't they make Shreveport the Official CNG poster child of Natural gas fueled vehicles?
They could put the nozzles on Shreveport's pumps first and sell those cars here! The cars and trucks could be fueled from the very nat gas they are driving over! This could be shown to the whole country!!
Good idea or bad?
Be one way to start selling our n. gas without having to pipe it out anyway, huh?

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great postings. I have taken the bait - emailed a link to Mayor Glover and a couple of others who may put a buzz into some other ears. We are very interested in CNG here and I think not out of pure self interest. It would be great for our area if CNG autos became common. A ready and hungry market for the gas under our feet is a great thing. But not only for us. Less pollution, more independence from foreign suppliers, less unemployment, more money staying in the USA. All good. Let them take that sword they've been holding over our heads and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Maybe to play the devil's advocate, not sure if if you would want to establish the local economy on something somewhat unproven. I would favor a broad sampling across the region, get it perfected and then implement. If CNG fails to catch on then the economy would take a big hit.
Maybe a good start would be converting all govt vehicles to CNG. Bossier and Shreveport could use govt. grants/private grants/and royalty funds to pay for the vehicles.
Haynesville: If CNG doesn't catch on there's a very good chance the local economy will take a hit . That's only my opinion, but it seems to me the more sucess for CNG, the more demand, the better price, the better the local economy.
Just my thoughts.
I just base my comments on the midwest's experience with ethanol. Government comes in and provides subsidies, and then when food prices take a hit, the government retracts those promised subsidies. This leaves the local economy holding its cards.
My estimation is the Haynesville will be the largest single economic force to determine the very near and future economy for the North La area. I also beleive the dependence of oil should be shifted to gas... a more readily home grown source of energy. T. Boone Pickens has already spent the time and money to promote the CNG, something that will benefit Shreveport and North La if it catches on.

To convert to CNG is not going to take anything from our food source to my knowledge, as Ethanol did when corn was used for fuel. To convert to CNG would greatly improve the air quality as well as be a more economical fuel according to what I have heard.

I live in North West Texas where CNG has been used for at least the past 25 years by a company that T. Boone used to be the President of. They use it on company pickups, and I have talked with several of the people that drive them. They like it, and I have also been told the engines are as clean as they were when new even after 50 or 100,000 miles.

The major conversion to CNG would help make us energy independent, and would keep the demand for Natural Gas high, which will help the local economy.

We need to do all things to become energy independent as a nation, and we need to do it in a determined but careful manner.
Chesapeake needs to open a NG station in Shreveport. That is chump change to them. It doesn't need to be a store type pump where they sell cookies and cokes, just NG. Stick your credit card in then pump. They don't need any government help, just do it. They seem only to be in the crowing buisness at this point about using NG. It ain't gonna happen unless someone does it and Chesapeake is in the drivers seat to create their on market.
Good point.
I believe there are a couple CNG stations in town already But CNG is right... Start by converting city buses and other govt vehicles as soon as possible.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service