talk to landmen working for HK CHK XTO DVN All lease active is on hold for unknow period of time. All draft have been stopped on present deals, will not be paid and these lease will terminate at end of draft time period. They have cut production money. However the good news is they will continue to drill the leases they have which is enough land to drill for the next 20 years

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started to buy some in 1998 for 75 cents a share but decided to not kick them while they were down. I could have put them out of bizness by buying 10 dollars worth.
TD,
It's getting close to that price again...I might go cash in some pop bottles and buy me a couple of dozen shares.
I could have been calling you Uncle Two Dogs instead of talking about Uncle Mac and Uncle Floyd.That sure does have a nice ring to it Uncle TD! :-)

I will go in halves with you Dorcheated just as soon as I can cash in my H&H green stamps.Does anybody still take them things? I got about 5 books of 'em. We may be able to make a non-hostile takeover.
Hey Snake I think I still have some Community Coffee things that you cut off the package from back when I was a kid.
You guys are killin' me. We need some humor right about now. In fact, I think I've got some S&H Green stamps around here, somewhere. Let me go look.
Slow down guy's , I have some bad news. I have Green H&H spinnerbait packages not S&H Green Stamp stuff! :-(
I guess I am hosed........Does anyone have use for slightly used Green H&H spinnerbait packages?
I hope that no one mistakes this little exchange as making fun of anyone or wishing anything negative for them or the E&P companies that now have to find a way to fund continuing development. Shalegeo, you are right that it is not good news and I always respect your opinion.
Hey Jay,

Aint nobody on here looking for well head numbers any harder then me,especially in my area.I have taken the same shots to my 403b as everyone else.

After hearing them tell people around here that "your area isnt a point of interest" for the last 7 months,while sneaking around leasing at lower amounts , it may be quite telling for them to be in the same boat as we have been for a while.Maybe if and when the chance arrises again for business to resume as usual maybe they will be more willing to do the right thing next time and deal on the up and up.Especially if we are major stock holders instead of just mineral owners.

They helped put themselves in this situation by their actions early on in this play.Outpricing the independents and bragging of their possitions in this play.We had nothing to do with that nor can we do anything about it now.Life is too short to get hung up on things you have no control over.

I am about $1000 in the hole so far on this Shale thing through SWAMO.A very small investment for my future as well as for my community.Energy is the future.Whether it takes a year or even 10, its still the future.They can talk until they are blue in the face about solar,wind and etho whatever. Natural gas is the vehicle we will ride until the next phase is here. We will just have to wait longer. That will just make it seem even sweeter when it does finally happen.

I certainly mean no disrespect Jay.I know this is your livelyhood.But remember this is my future as well and I hope everybody comes out of this downturn smelling like a rose.Have a good one Jay. Snake
Jay, I learned when I first started doing what I do that you never unpack your suitcase. The Cos always say that you will retire on this one but it never happens that way. Something always happens and the project ends, I hope this doesn't happen in the shale play. For the land owner this is lagniappe, for the landman this could be certain death for those that don't have much experience. They will bring all the landmen, that know what they are doing, and replace these landmen that don't know they are doing. It may all turn that stamps and coupons may come out on top.
Wouldn't this "down time" be the best opportunity to train those less knowledgeable landmen? That way, when operations resume, the caliber of workers would be improved.
Grice,
in my opinion, this is not the time to train landmen. Only the good, experiencend landmen will come out in this deal. In my opinion.
I agree with you Shale Geo. People losing jobs isn't funny at all. Also, we want these gas companies to drill, drill, drill. Without capital they can't do that. I have a lot of adminration for Aubrey McClendon. He sold all his shares in Chesapeake on Friday to make the margin calls. Went from being 134th richest man in US to nothing. There is a maverick who believes in his company.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service