American Right of Way Associates Opens Haynesville Shale Office

Shreveport, LA, October 21, 2008 --(PR.com)-- ARWA (American Right of Way Associates) announced today that they opened their Haynesville Shale office in downtown Shreveport, Louisiana. American Right of Way Associates is the subsidiary company of Texas Right of Way Associates (TRWA, Inc) based out of Fort Worth, Texas. ARWA, a right of way acquisitions firm and in conjunction with “The Barnett Shale Training Center” will be offering Training Classes in “The Haynesville Shale Training Center” The training classes include Right of Way Acquisitions, Land Title Research and In The Field Training for the next generation of Right of Way Agents,” says, Don Valden, CEO of TRWA, Inc.

ARWA with statewide capabilities will also provide Mineral Leasing Landmen, preliminary design survey, ALTA/ ASCM As-built, oil and natural gas pipeline alignment route and right of way surveys, construction staking and many other phases.

When Valden was asked why ARWA wanted to get into the Haynesville Shale leasing, right of way acquisitions and land survey, Valden answered “I have worked in the state of Louisiana for half of my 27 year career in oil & gas and have developed new techniques and negotiation skills for the past 5 years in the Barnett Shale play that has helped our energy clients acquire some of the toughest right of way in urban areas as well as rural areas. Also, with our in-house land survey division and pipeline construction division, ARWA is a turn-key service company which makes us unique, more efficient and accountable to our clients.”

ARWA’s President, Ted Valdez, says “The Haynesville Shale is very similar to the Barnett Shale and will have similar obstacles as the Barnett”. Valdez also said “ARWA has the understanding of what our clients need in this type of play because of our experience in the Barnett Shale the last few years”.

American Right of Way Associates, Inc. is a full service Professional Right of Way Acquisition firm dedicated to serving the needs of the Oil & Gas industry and the Energy Companies currently working in the Haynesville Shale play and the Barnett Shale play.

American Right of Way Associates, Inc. has over 27 years experience in the Oil & Gas Industry and 5 years experience in the Barnett Shale.

American Right of Way Associates, Inc. is the only right of way acquisition firm conducting professional training classes for future Right of Way Agents and Land Title agents.

###

If you'd like more information on pricing, or to schedule a meeting/interview with Don Valden, call 817-361-8839.

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KB,

I wish some of the other contractors I have to come in contact with had a class like this. I am currently working on a project where a ROW agent has come in and offered the maximum amount her company would allow immediately. Now everyone believes this is the 'low' offer and is waiting for the 'bump'.

If this person understand the deeper effects of what they were doing we wouldn't be waiting on as much infrastructure. Not that anybody cares I suppose, but there are some basic rules to negotiating beyond lying stealing and cheating. And honestly, because I have experience negotiating contracts I would rather people not think that means "how to back out of promises or how to take advantage of a landowner..." etc.

Randy
Look what you are describing is human nature, and it's not going to go away. I understand people are upset that some companies are saying they have had enough. I think it should have happened before now. I'm sorry if that is an unpopular opinion.

My point in this is that even if your mad at the industry for some perceived wrong, don't lump in professionals who work hard to support their families. Yes, some people don't act in an ethical way, but the overwhelming point is that by posting comments such as that you vilify me and all of my colleagues.

Randy
Companies are closing down factories, unemployment is at record levels, Red River parish is arguably the poorest parish in the state, parish roads are crumbling, Louisiana's children get an education, leave, and never come back.

Can the oil industry stop that? NO. But it can help. Should we all let them walk all over us? Of course not. The point is that it's not all bad, and the benefits should be weighed before making blanket accusations. This isn't the only industry where this sort of thing happens, and this area is, and will be, in a lot better situation with this than without.

Just my opinion of course.
Ok so what is the solution?

Yes big business sucks. The examples are everywhere, in many many industries. They don't win them all, and we don't either. It is a trade-off and we will live with them. I guess the question is..... would we be better off without it?
No, my point is that at this junction the question is theoretical in nature.

Do you feel we would be better off without "all this shale mess"?
Randy, I don't think anyone is vilifying you or any other honest person working in this play, but the companies should have had enough respect for the landowners and integrity when it comes to business to say that they had had enough BEFORE making promises to lease with families and communities.

My family's exposure to the O&G companies up until now:

1. My father was contacted by someone offering to buy his acreage back in March/April of this year. No mention of gas, of course. When we actually read the fine print (and I do mean FINE...needed a second magnifying glass to magnify the print of the first magnifying glass we were using to read what was written!!), we found that the final purchase amount in the contract was different from the amount in the cover letter, as well as the amount discussed over the phone. Either it was an "honest" mistake or someone tried to get my father to sell his land for $100.

2. Other relatives signed for $200 an acre in the beginning. No, this isn't about crying over spilled milk. This is about merely expecting that a company will pay people what their land is worth. We all know that the O&G companies will make billions from this. Shucks...they are getting 75%-84% of what comes out of our land anyway. Why all the penny-pinching?? Why can't it be a true win-win situation for all involved??

3. CHK decided to not honor our group's intent to lease contract after stringing us along for 5 1/2 weeks. Legal? Yes. Unacceptable? HECK YES!!!

Actually, the only positive experience I have had regarding this shale and O&G is meeting great people in here, including YOU and the advice/suggestions you have given us. We do appreciate that but I will be the first to admit that it will be hard for many of us who are unsigned to trust anyone who comes a'talking in the future.

(Getting a little 'Retha Franklin in here, KB!! R=E=S=P=E=C=T!! That's what Haynesville means to me...)
While I am not a landman or representative of any O&G company, I agree with your post KB. I routinely use every method mentioned in your post on a daily basis depending on the circumstance, oh and by the way a lot of times empathy is the best tool to use in negotiations.
I wasn't referring that you said "all this shale mess", or it wasn't my intention to... I certainly didn't mean it as a negative connotation towards you.
Randy, This isnt about something a landman said or did.This is the industries torchbearer ! The numero uno backing out on signed deals. It doesnt mean one rip of cloth what you say as a landman if the company behind you isnt squat! You become only as good as their word, not yours. Unless you have the capital to make good on every deal they have mucked , then you cant save them. At this point ,while extremely chivalrous on your part, a lost cause non the less.

In responce to the question you asked K.B. earlier.......A resounding Yes! Many in my area would have been much better off without this "Shale Mess". Many families have been torn apart because of the turmoil "future riches" that may or maynot be coming their way have caused. Many are in a state of depression because of the poor decissions they made early on. I have said many times that there will be more people harmed in the long run then people that are helped by this shale play. People that arent good with money will not become brilliant financiers overnight.The elderly that were fooled into the monthly millions worth in the mailbox will continue on with their hopes and dreams dashed upon this shale rock.

In the begining of this play , we were blamed for being uninformed about this play. Then we were told business is business. Then we were told we needed to better understand the business and quit crying over spilled milk.We are then shown the fact that a deal isnt really a deal until they decide it is.Now that the economy has been blasted and N/G prices are done, company stock in the toilet, we are asked to quit taking advantage of the industry and take little to no bonus with the hopes of horizontal heaven from the lying deal breakers, by upholding this particular deal to hurry up and drill. These wells are just not very economical anymore when you have to actually pay someone a bonus ? Am I missing something here people ?

If mercy is what you seek for the industry , I give the industry all the mercy that was shown to my friends and neighbors early on in this play. Nada, zilch, no mas, zero.
Have a good one Randy. Next time instead of the millions they have spent on P.R. Tell them to save some money and quit trying to be so greedy.When you scr#* enough people, long enough, it really doesnt matter how nice your commercials are on t.v.

P.S. I am not talking about you scr#*&%# anybody Randy. I am talking about the industry as a whole.
I understand, what I don't like is that the past 3 or 4 threads I've gotten into in the last few weeks have been bash threads. I didn't join this forum to defend myself or O&G, I thought it would be a good way to see a different perspective. Now, in many cases it seems that any dissenting opinion is unwanted.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, I've been accused of it before. Anyway, so much fun. :)

Randy
Randy,

When you get on a thread and say that a lease is not valid because it is not recorded, you will receive some well earned disagreement.

I don't judge my respect for a person by the industry they work for but by the way they conduct themselves within that industry.

You seem not to understand that the industry has done much wrong.

If you yourself have steered clear of committing these wrongs then we are not talking about you, but if you cannot see that many wrongs have been committed then you are blinded by self interest.

Many of us have tried to see things from both sides of the fence. I can certainly understand the necessity of leasing for as low as possible.
The point wasn't intended to say an unrecorded lease isn't valid, but to underscore that either party can always find flaws. But that is off topic.

I completely understand the industry has done much wrong, I just don't think they haven't done any good. I'm cynical with everyone else that I don't really think it will change that much. For me it is an instance of lesser evils, how many of us feel every election year.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service