PIPELINE contracts.....lets get ahead this time or is it too late

people are still reeling from the cheap leasing that took alot of familes & generations fast.

where do we start on the pipline leasing ?/

Views: 544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two Dogs,

I think that some are confussing a flow line with an interstate pipeline.

It all comes down to what the property itself is worth, and how much it devalues the overall value of the property.

But by getting some basic values on what has been paid to neighbors, we are in a better position to negoitate.

I know for sure that a 50' pipeline with 50' of workspace is worth a heck of a lot more than $25 per rod.
I would think that an interstate pipeline would be worth some of the higher figures suggested by others to the poster. I think that $25 is kind of skimpy for a flowline but $50 across a hayfield is in line with most of the ROWs that I have bought in the past.
I agree,

Also it should depend on the use and possible future use of the land.

I also agree with parker. A pernament 50' ROW is pretty big. thats over an acre of land for every 1000'.
In factoring the damages, one thing that is missed by many, is the impact that the ROW will have In diminishing the overall value of the property.

You can't just say, the property is worth $15,000 per acres so 2 acres for ROW is equal to $30,000. That just doesn't always compute.

That 2 acres (or 10 acres, etc.) could devalue the overall property significantly.

And even a hayfield can have future development value. Does anyone remember what was all over Southeast Shreveport and North Bossier just a few years ago? Hayfields! It's very important WHERE those hayfields are located. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
You can't build houses or walmarts over a ROW.
Yes you can!
No you can't.
Mr. Garrett, go to the mall in Bossier City and look around. You will notice pipeline markers. Guess what? There is a mall and parking lot and, well need I say more. There are buildings and structures on pipelines all over this great nation of ours. I don't know how long or what you have to do in the oil and gas industry, but I have well over 20 years in the business as an engineer, surveyor and right of way agent/supervisor/coordinator/project manager.
Whoever takes the easement owns the rights to whatever was granted in that agreement. Any future development would have to deal with the easement "owner", as well as the landowner if they intend to use land outside of the easement. If the easement owner says you are SOL, then you are SOL. Except, of course, in cases of imminent domain, whereby the gov't can take/use the land for PUBLIC, not private, purposes.
Regarding constructing a home on a ROW--it depends on the PSI of the pipeline and the width of the easement. Homes have to be a certain distance away from the pipeline depending on the PSI of the pipeline. I know this for a FACT.
I have placed clauses in ROW agreement that would require relocation of the line if there were changes in the development of the property. With a flowline that is possible but not with transmission lines.
Highest and Best Use

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service