My home is in a subdivision, commonly called the Wright Island neighborhood, adjacent to Anderson Island and near Shreve City. It is a small area, 3 or 4 city blocks, including approximately 150 residential homes. The area is in an unusual situation:

It is located within the Shreveport city limits, and yet is part of Bossier Parish. (Evidently the Red River changed course many years ago, causing this strange divide.)

Can anyone tell me, would it be more advantageous to join with nearby neighborhoods (Anderson Island, Shreve Island and Broadmoor in the Shreve Centre Coalition) or would it be more beneficial for the subdivision to make a connection with a Bossier Parish homeowners group across the Red River?

I would appreciate information from anyone knowledgeable of this odd situation.

Tags: Anderson Island, Bossier Parish, Wright Island

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

Honors - I don't know how we missed your post, maybe Wright Island went over my head since I thought your group was Anderson Island. Have you joined any coalition in Bossier?
No, I have not joined any coalition. Would it be more beneficial to join with a Bossier group?
You might start with the neighborhood in your section, which I assume will show you in Caddo...but maybe not. You are in a unique situation. In any case, it would not be a bad idea to check out both options.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service