PANAMERICAN LEASED IN 2006 FOR 3 YEARS WITH 2 YEAR OPTION , THE 3 YEARS IS UP IN MARCH , NO DRILLING IN SEC 20 T 11 R 15 SOUTH OF STANLEY , HAS ANYONE HEARD WHAT PANAMERICAN IS GOING TO DO WITH OUR LEASE?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Renew I'll bet! Since Chesapeake owns now.
Reed,
Pan American assigned the leases that they held in our area (I am also in sec. 20) some time ago to Classic Hydrocarbons. On 1/1/08 Classic assigned all leases (5000 acres) plus several producing wells to Chesapeake. This is good news because Chesapeake has the reputation of being the best in the business as far as drilling wells. I am still unleased and am negotiating with Chesapeake now. As far as the 2 year option, remember, Chesapeake has all the rights that you gave to PanAmerica. If there is a dollar amount to extend the lease for two years in your lease form, then Chesapeake only has to pay you for that amount, even though the going rate is much more.
Lanadan,

I am also negotiating with Chesapeake in your area. I am just across the river in NE Shelby County, TX. Last offer discussed was $6,000/acre with 25% royalty.

May I ask what they are offering you on your side of the river?

Thanks
i have heard of $26000 an ac to a fellow across from the old hilltop store on 191 most are getting 25%
where did you get your imfo?
ok , thanks , i didnt know what they had did. i guess we will get a well after all.
It's very hard to imagine that everyone who has leased their minerals will get a well drilled in their area before their leases expire.
That could be a blessing for those who signed for low bonuses!
yes i know , but they have to do something , with the option they only have 2 years 8 monthes , than it all starts all over , and i do not see and oil companey letting go of a lease they got for $125 and ac with 3/16 rolity , the profit from each 640 ac is expected to be a billion dollars
Yes! That's certainly something to get them motivated but do they have enough rigs and workers to get to everyone in time? I'll bet there are mineral owners all over the place they took advantage of with low bonus and royalty percentages.
All those with the lousy deals can do is hold their breath, huh?
We too are the recipients of a low deal 3 years ago. Our 2 yr. option comes up in 5 months for $25 per acre!!!. However, in our lease, we have a clause regarding Top Lease which allows another company to come in, make an offer, then the original company must be allowed to match or lose the lease. Should we start "shopping" around to the other big names or leave it alone for 2 years then make a bigger deal. My fear, is if Shell (Audobon land leasing) sets up a well before the lease extension is up, we are then committed to whatever numbers they put out in 2 years.
Do you mean your option is up for bids?
I understand with a Top Lease clause, ANY company can come in and make a bid as long as the company you have a lease with can match the bid and hold on to the land. I'm new at this so may be misunderstanding some points, but other discussions regarding "Top Lease" state this might be a recourse with those of us who got in several years ago with low price per acreage.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service