DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON PRICE PER ACRE, IN THE BURTON PAUL SURVEY. BETWEEN HUXLEY AND PAULS STORE, OR ANYTHING GOING ON AROUND THERE.

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what Section,Township,Range are you refering to ??
IT IS SHELBY COUNTY AND MY MINERAL RIGHTS ARE ABOUT HALH A MILE FROM THE BANKS OF TOLEDO BEND. I KNOW I AM ABOUT 25-30 MILES EAST OF CENTER RIGHT ON THE TEX LA LINE.
MY MINERAL RIGHTS ARE IN SHELBY COUNTY NORTH PART, ABOUT 25 MILES FROM CENTER TEX ON THE TEX LA LINE. WE ARE NORTH OF HUXLEY BUT SOUTH OF PAULS STORE.
Texas does not use the Public Land Survey System, so land there is not referred to by Sec., Twn., Rng.

Texas acreage is grouped into survey areas.
Chesapeake is in the process of finalizing a deal with a company called Ellora Energy in Shelby county. I looked this company up on the Railroad Commision sight and Ellora's land is in your area. Here are the particulars from Ellora:

"In the last several months, leasing and drilling activity in the Haynesville Shale gas play has increased significantly. The nearest Haynesville Shale production is from vertical wells approximately 11 to 15 miles to the east, north, and west of our East Texas acreage. On June 4, 2008, we entered into a binding letter agreement with a subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy Corporation ("Chesapeake"), pursuant to which Chesapeake agreed to acquire a 65% working interest in our deep rights in East Texas and adjacent areas of Louisiana to target the Haynesville Shale formation. Chesapeake will pay us approximately $350 million in cash, subject to standard conditions to closing such as completion of customary due diligence, the negotiation of a mutually acceptable participation agreement, and a condition that title and related contracts and agreements are acceptable to Chesapeake. We expect to close the transaction on or before July 31, 2008. We will retain all of our interest and our operating rights in the James Lime and Fredericksburg formations, as well a 35% working interest in the deep acreage that is subject to the Chesapeake agreement. Chesapeake will become the operator of the deep rights and will be obligated to drill, at its sole expense, the first five wells in the jointly owned properties during the initial two years following closing, and we will hold a 35% carried interest in each of those wells.

If this area wasn't valuable to Chesapeake then why are they paying 350 million for only 65% of the deep rights? Congrats Shelby County! This proves that YOU are in the CORE!
I HAVE HEARD WE ARE SITTING ON A GOLD MINE, BUT AM AFFRAID TO BELIEVE IT. I KNOW EXACTLY WHO ELLORA IS I HAVE BEEN IN A LEASE WITH THEM FOR SEVERAL YEARS BUT HAVE DECLINED ALL THEIR OFFERS. THEY HAVE BEEN MAKING ME OFFERS SINCE JAN ON A LEASE THAT DOESNT EXPIRE TILL ALMOST THE END OF THE YEAR. AT FIRST I WAS EXCITED ABOUT THEIR OFFERS BECAUSE IT WAS MORE THAN THE LAST FEW YEARS. BUT AFTER RESERCH. I KNOW THEY HAVE KNOW THIS FOR SURE FOR A YEAR POSS. TWO. SO NOW I FEEL THAT THEY HAVE BEEN LOW BALLING ME AND STILL ARE. TURNED DOWN AN OFFER ALMOST TWO WKS AGO NO NEW OFFER YET, MY LANDMAN HAS PLAYED THIS DOWN OF COURSE AND A FEW MONTHS AGO I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE BUT NOW IS A DIFFERENT STORY. I HAVE TRIED TO PULL UP THE MAP IN THE SHR. TIMES BUT CANNOT GET A CURRENT MAP AND THE ONE MY LMAN SENT IS OLD. HE TRIED TO TELL ME WE WERENT IN IT IT WAS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTY. WRONG, SO I AM LEARNING MORE BUT STILL HAVE CONCERNS THAT THEY ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE TRYING TO GET THE BEST OF ALL OF US. THANKS FOR THE INFO ANYBODY ELSE PLEASE JOIN IN LETS STAND FOR SHELBY COUNTY, FAIR IS FAIR.
Durango and Lanadan,

Thanks for the information.

Durango, my minerals sound like they are very near your location. I am a few miles north of Huxley and right along Toledo Bend.

I have spoken with a CHK representative the last couple of weeks. We currently stand at $6,000/acre with 25% royalty, but nothing has been signed yet.

I am supposed to hear from him next week and will post here when I do.

Thanks and good luck
I WISH YOU THE BEST ALSO, THIS HAS ALL BEEN SO CRAZY, AT ONE MINUTE I AM SO EXCITED , AND THE NEXT I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH. I AM TRYING TO EDUCATE MYSELF AS MUCH AS POSS. BUT THERE IS SO MUCH INFO IT IS OVERWHELMING AT TIMES THANK GOODNESS I FOUND THIS SIGHT AND WE CAN ALL TALK AND HOPEFULLY HELP ONE ANOTHER. ALSO I LIVE SEVERAL HOURS FROM THERE SO THAT IS ALSO HARD NOT TO BE RIGHT THERE TO SEE ALL THE NEWS AND ARTICLES IN THE PAPER. I SPOKE WITH CHESAPEAK SEVERAL MONTHS AGO JUST TO ASK A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS TO KNOW WHETHER OR NOT TO KEEP TURNING DOWN DEALS AND THE GUY SAID HOLD OUT. DIDNT EVEN GET HIS NAME, JUST TRYING TO GET SOME KIND OF CONFORMATION ON ALL OF THIS. TAKE CARE AND THANKS
The GIS viewer ran by the TRRC will show you all the wells in your particular area. Great informative resource for mineral owners in Texas.
www.rrc.state.tx.us/gis/index.html
THANK YOU, THIS IS GREAT. DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE NEWEST MAP OF THE BORDERS AROUND THE HAYNESVILLESHALE, THE ONE MY LANDMAN SENT SEEMS TO BE OLD.
Its vast, for the most part O&G are playing this close to the vest, in Tx anyway. Panola, Rusk, Shelby are confirmed H.S. thats just what I know about personally. Maybe others here can add to that list for us.
Are you close to the P W Harvey Survey? Some relatives of mine signed for 7500 & 25% there.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service