Is there any activity in near Cotton Valley Area north of Minden?

Views: 315

Replies to This Discussion

DCP Midstream----Minden Plant

Process Control Analyst

Full Time/Part Time: Full Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Board Category: Oil and Gas Job Description: General PurposeTo coordinate and direct the......

Asset Compliance Coordinator

Full Time/Part Time: Full Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Board Category: Oil and Gas Job Description: Essential Functions: (Functional......

Click here to read more:
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=C...
Cotton Valley field has been "red hot" for years. I talked to XTO geologist yesterday and they intend to keep 2 rigs up there indefinitely. They have been drilling continuously for several years since they bought Marathons production. They are drilling for Gray Sand frm. Conoco Phillips and Hunt have big interests and Forest Oil recently bought production there. Also Will-Drill has some presence in area.
I own land leased by CWEI. A low producing gas well. 22N 10W. Can't seem to find a map of the current projections for the Haynesville Shale.
I`m in 22N 10W also(81 acres)...sect 7...would like to know what`s going on also..seems to be wells in every direction around us(not on mine)...do you think we are in a bad area or is further testing needed? Is your well deep enough to be in the Haynesville?
Section 31 22 10

I was told tight rock formation. Land is too far west. VERY low production. Wells in 32 are good wells. I only know what I have been told by o & g company. They have a second site on our land they paid for but have not drilled.

I would love to hear anyone's comments. Guess it is typical of real estate - Location, location, location.
my reading says land this far north is too sandy(haynesville sands)...would you mind telling me what company is drilling your section?I would love to talk to others in the township too compare notes.
Most of the section is leased by CWEI. Some by COP. Drilled by CWEI. We leased two and a half years ago. Land is between CV and Sarepta. Near Holloway Road. East side. You can see the well site from 171. Or whatever hwy number it is called now. All on DNR site. Well drilled last March. Went into production in July. I was up there when they drilled last March but haven't been back.
XTO is currently drilling a well in 36-22-10. When this well is finished they are to move north by no more than about 1/2 mile. It is in the Cotton Valley Field, 10830' & 11000',Gray Sand I think.
XTO and COP have some great wells between 32 and 36. At least according to the DNR site. I thought they were deeper than that. But maybe not. I don't know if they are vertical or horizontal wells.
Vertical
My bad! They didn't move north, it was east by about 1/2 mile. Drilling now. The northerly activity is a pipeline from well to gathering line.
If I knew the section your well is in I could look it up. Is it a typical vertical well or horizontal well. In order to get some idea of potential for an area many companies will drill vertical wells first. If they find right conditions then they will drill horizontally. Cost of horizontal wells is 3 to 5 times that of vertical. This well will hold lease as long as it produces. If favorable conditions exist they will come back someday and drill horizontal wells.
Maximum production from shale can only be achieved by horizontal wells.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service