Cedar Grove: Exploration Company Hurries to Get Property Owners to Sign

http://www.ktbs.com/news/Exploration-company-hurries-to-get-propert...

Just read this on KTBS - I hope Cedar Grove residents don't fall for these tactics.

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, you want to help me post educational fliers in the stores and barber shops in those areas affected?
I can understand wanting to remain anonymous. There are definite perks to that.
For me the media was the fastest way to get people informed back in April and May and continues to be the most expedient way of educating folks. If the Times and Channel 3 and channel 12 had not responded to me back then and continued to report on things would people be as informed as they are now?
ok, Earl I understand. Keep me informed of the action. I don't live there, just trying to keep up.
You are right, a lot are rentals but many are also owned by those who live in them.
I'd be happy to do it after work hours, on weekends. They'll have to be simple & to the point, not a lot of technical reading.

There is a neighborhood assoc. over there, they had a representative or 2 at the initial SCC meeting.

Unfortunately, besides the possibility of adjudicated properties, I think there are quite a few rental properties. I understand from someone else that a group of rental property owners went together as a group and already leased ( or are in the process of having someone negotiate leases) for them. I would think the CPSB would be watching this as they have a high stake in it with Eden Gardens Magnet in that neighborhood.

Email me if you want help with fliers, cameras don't scare me.
Wow! Let me applaud both Renee & Kassi....I am out of state --- if I were there, I'd be helping pass out fliers....I consider Cedar Grove hallowed ground as relatives lived there long ago...
I tend to think all of you that want to do flyers, need to be out picketing their "signing blitz" right now. Not next week. The article says they are having a signing blitz THIS WEEKEND!!!
Which is why I am heading to town shortly to put some flyers in stores in the area. At least that may help a little.
They've probably signed 500 leases already :(

I dont care that they are offering less than market, I do care that they are using pressure/scare tactics though.
Unfortunately you are right. A lot of people probably jumped on it not knowing any better. I agree the market value is not as important as other factors. The pressure tactics stink but I also worry about the lease they sign and the lack of environmental protections. Some companies are good at trying to be good stewards with the land, others are not. Leases get bought and sold all the time so you never know what kind of company will end up with the lease over time.
Randy, You have always appeared to be honest and above board on here. What are your thoughts on what these folks are doing?
If I had the capital to buy leases and flip them (even though they say they aren't), and then keep a royalty override as well as a markup on bonus. I would do it. I don't think I'd be able to use some of the tactics I've seen to be successful. It crazes me to see all this money floating around. Sure I'd like a bigger piece of it, on that same note, I don't want to be "that jerk".

It looks like they are offering more than some other companies still. Even if it does work out to 10k an acre?

Randy

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service