Bossier Bar Association People's Law School: Mineral Rights and Wrongs

The Bossier Bar is hosting a peoples law school and the topic is Mineral Rights. This will be our yearly fundraiser and community outreach.
The tentative date is August 31, 2008. We are inviting 4-5 landowner attorneys from around the state to talk about all aspects of leasing, oil and gas and taxing bonuses and royalties. This is not a sign‘em up meeting. This is strictly informational and geared towards the landowner in leasing and litigation that might occur during the life of your lease.
The Bossier Bar will give a free living will to all participants.
Tickets are $10 dollars if pre purchased and $12 at the door. Tickets will go on sale this week and seating is limited.
This event has not been made public yet, but it will be this week.
A rough draft of our web site is www.bossierbar.blogspot.com
The reason I am making this post is that I need your help in instructing the speakers on what they need to address. Once again, they know the answers--they won't be guessing. They will cover any issues that we want. Once again, they are donating their time and talent to help the Bossier Bar and you.
As the speakers are organizing their talks--
what issues /questions do you want them to address?
Also, I am inviting the local clerks of courts, the local tax assessors, and the department of conservation to have booths at this event. Can ya'll think of any other government agency that we would need to invite that would be helpful to our participants.
Please comment and I will have time to put your issue in my request to them.
Once again we have a small bar association and this will be our community outreach project for the year. Please help us make it a success.

UPDATE:
The Bossier Clerk, Bossier Assessor, and Public Service Commissioner have all agreed to come and answer your questions. Also the Bossier Parish Attorney will discuss ordinances that are in the works to protect the landowners. We have several great landowner attorneys that have agreed to speak on topics, on the panel and answer your individual questions. I really need your help getting the word out. Our seating will be limited to 700 citizens per session and we will have two sessions. So we are only printing 1400 tickets. Thanks in advance for helping spread the word.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the first meetings I went to in Mansfield, Mr. Lemmons said Louisiana should eventually form a group like they have in Texas to protect landowners. I think it would be a great idea. Protecting the enviroment can be a part of that group's mission as well.
Sound like $12 well spent> Should be posted on EVENTS
get a discount if you mention GoHaynesvilleShale.com
Suggestion - get filmmaker Kallenburg to make a video of if to counter McCotter's "Citizens of the Shale", air it on LPB with purchase of DVD/video available. That way those who are too far away or economically challenged and can't attend can view meeting, taped recording can be shared at organizational meetings.

Another possible invitee - authors of the paper for the Tarrant County League of Women Voters.

I'd also be willing to buy an extra ticket or 2 to donate say to church leaders in low income areas.
Attachments:
Reg,

I think a brief, concise summary on "non-consenting" or being "force pooled" would be appropriate. Most of us know what it is but a good overview would be nice to set the record straight. In particular, is a non-consenting owner paid when the unit becomes profitable or on a well by well basis? The consesus seems to be the per well basis, but it would be nice to hear a "learned opinion" on the subject. Thanks and this outreach sounds like a great idea.
All great ideas. I will be glad to volunteer any way I can.
Thanks for all your input, we still have seats left. One of our attorney speakers, Rudi Estess, will have a great talk for all the issues that we have been discussing. I asked him to join this site a few weeks ago and he is ready to answer your questions.

Thanks again,
forced pooling will be discussed.

also whether you should lease and if you don't how costs are determined.

also, if anything is not covered, then you can ask the question during the open/panel forum

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service