720 Acre Units (+ or -) being Force Pooled by Encore Oper. in Greenwood

Please read the attached "Application For Public Hearing," written/submitted to the DOC by "Hargrove, Smelley, Strickland & Langley, et al (Law Corp.) on behalf of Encore Oper. Louisiana, LLC (successor in interest to Greystone O&G, LLP) (Applicant)...

Any comments on 720 acre units?????? That cross into multiple section lines? Read #4: "To propose that FUTURE WELLS drilled to the Haynesville Zone WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF THE UNITS PROPOSED HEREIN be located 330ft. to any unit line and no closer than 660ft. to any well completed in,drilling to or for which a permit has been granted to drill to the Haynesville Zone..." WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF THE UNITS??????

Am I just going nuts or what?????? Are these verticals or horizontals?????
Are mineral owners going to accept 720 acre (plus or minus) force pooled units HBP by vertical well drilling???????????????????????

Come on guys! What the heck is going on in Baton Rouge?????????????????

DrWAVeSport 8/14/08

Tags: DOC

Views: 166

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I talked to a man yesterday who owns lots of land to the east of Frierson.
He said he personally know of twenty one wells that have been and capped. He said they were all verticals and they will continue to do this until every section in the hs is drilled. I asked about them being fined and he said the fine was inconsequential to them(the big players). "they'll just pay the fines and keep on drilling".This will hold everything by production.
SueB,

Great Question. Or...will a "vertical" well be drilled to the "Haynesville" in these "units" and the mineral owners...left just on the "outside" fringes...be left out???? Unleased, and not included in anything????? Is the DOC going to permit another group of wells to be drilled in your section or "unit?"

I have no clue!
You could have many wells in a single unit. The number is affected by the productivity of an area, and the spacing.
SueB,

Thanks for the heads up. GET THOSE EMAIL...PHONE CALLS...FAXES READY.

IF WE STOP THIS FOR ONE GROUP THAT IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE...WE MAY BE ABLE TO THWART THE ATTEMPTS BY OTHER O&Gs/DRILLERS AND SAVE OTHERS FROM THE SAME FATE!

WE HAVE MADE SOME STRIDES BY HELPING EACH OTHER OUT...WE HAVE TO KEEP TURNING UP THE HEAT IN BATON ROUGE! SAY NO!

DrWAVeSport Cd1 8/14/08
The dilling companies will have to appy to have your area unitized.
After looking at the map, it should be noted that these units would all include fractional sections. Many units in this area in the cottonvalley and hosston are also irregular in size and shape.
Ya, HBP...but not to the Haynesville Zone...I bet! And You still haven't answered my question...Vertical wells or Horizontal Wells?
Not to make light of it but the DOC/GOV/IRS , DOES own a percentage of it.Yeah that sucks........ I feel like this is a ploy to decrease individual bonus/future production payments in the long run. The people that COULD be affected, will likely run to take the first offer that they get thinking that the "pooling" will eventually take place. What do you think?? Scare tactic???
Scare Tactic??

Pooling means you could be in a unit, never see the well, and still get a royalty check!

It means you will recieve royalties from a well on your neighbors land that drains your gas. Would you rather you neighbor get all the royalities because the well is on his land?

Poolinjg is the fairest way to exploit the resources while limiting the number of wells drilled. Look at a photo of kilgore in the heyday where you had a rig every 50 feet! This is what creating units is designed to avoid.
Force Pooling...we know...

Vertical or Horizontal? Why 720 acres? "DRILLING TO THE H ZONE WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF THE UNITS PROPOSED HEREIN...?" Please answer me that one?
BIGWOOD66,

You are sooo right, the State Does Own many acres of the HS. And you could very well be right about the "scare tactics." However, I smell something else. I smell "vague wordiness" that "could" be interpreted to "include or exclude" many things. But once the DOC'S STAMP OF APPROVAL BEGINS...with this "lawyerly" tactic...EVERYONE GETS ON THE BANDWAGON!!!

As Mr. Smelley told our "pre-hearing hearing" group (in July). They were just "following what all the other O&Gs" had been doing since about "2003" with all this "redefining" of O&G Fields/Zones...GIVE ME A BREAK! What a crock! Huh? I THOUGHT THAT NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THE "HAYNESVILLE SHALE" IN 2003??????????? Mr. Smelley...you cannot have your justification for your argument going opposite ways simultaneously! But I suppose one can try!

THE LA DOC was granting everything to the O&Gs...including the kitchen sink...and THEY THOUGHT NO ONE IN NWLa WOULD EVER QUESTION ANYTHING!

And...HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!

DrWAVeSport Cd1 8/14/08
As long as no one complains to the state it will be approved...I am no frequenter of O & G commission hearings but I see a Landowner petition or appear at hearings about as often as I see a purple cow. Everyone assumes it will do no good, which is a self-fulfilling prophecy if you don't appear and appear with some ammuntion...not just saying "I don't think I like this."....

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service