Has anyone heard this? I am hearing more and more from informed people. Could these 2 companies be working together behind the scenes and not really competitors

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard from people in oil and gas that PH & Ches. corporations could merge.
Jim, if a person purchases land with a title check AND a mineral title check (which was paid for separately), is the person who did the check responsible IF the purchaser ends up not having minerals? If title insurance for just the sales price was purchased, can it cover the loss of bonus money for minerals which is valued a lot more than the raw land?
There has been rumors of Chesapeake buying Petrohawk for months. Chesapeake has a lot of debt as it is. I am not sure how they would raise the money to buy Petrohawk. I had heard rumors of Chesapeake being bought out by a big integrated oil company. Its all just speculation as of now. Neither company has announced anything.
I have not heard anything about this. I would suspect that Petrohawk would be a better candidate for one of the other big boys. Shell, BP...someone like that. Pure speculation on my part.
I am aware of the lg. infusion of cash into Chesapeake. That might put them in a position to buy PH. If not, it still puts them in a position to be the major player in Haynesville.
I heard the rumor that CHK was positioning to move on Petrohawk, but I do not think it likely. CHK will likely trade some leases but Petrohawk is probably of more value to Chk as a customer, as they all but control the pipe market, as I understand it.
It is also CHK is pumpimg up their peceived value to invite a merger with ,say EXXON.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service