I still don't find many in the Blanchard area who have actually pocketed or deposited 15-20,000 per acre on their lease bonuses. Great offers are still out there and being rescinded every day for 10K, 9K, and 8k per acre with good royalty percentages. People holding out in Sections where majority of minerals are under lease and drilling permits being applied for could soon see the size of these bonus offers shrink significantly or the offers disappear completely.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you ever leased two forty acre owners that are in the same section as share a property line? one for 100.00 and the other one month later for 20,000.00. with no new wells drilled and no new seismic?
I will continue to post my opinions here whether you approve or not. The companies invest billions of dollars to extract the oil and gas that to be honest neither I nor most of us can afford to do. Yes they are trying to make a profit, but I will stop short of saying that they are TRYING to screw the landowner. I have worked in the industry for over 27 years and this industry has paid my taxes and fed my family the entire time. I will continue to defend my chosen profession irrespective of your opinion of it. I know that if I was dealing with you, I would be as forthright with you as I can be.
Peasant refers to old postings I made about the uninformed.If someone chooses to lease now for "low ball" money , that wouldn't make them a peasant. Messed up in the noggin maybe but not a peasant. A peasant didn't have the chance to be informed , just mowed over. You can no longer play the ignorance card in this play if you are still available to lease.
so? I don't see any purpose to discussion...or organization...Are u saying that people shouldn't hold out for larger bonuses just because? Right now I don't care if I lease or not...the way it's going the big o&g are going to be running the country...read the Fort Worth Star Telegram...Chesapeake cuts down trees before approval...
I understand that SWEPI spent $100,000 on a woodpecker and hired a beekeeper to remove bees around the Murray well, heard that the landowner said he could do it with a quart of deisel.
Spend $100k on a woodpecker?...I'll give them one - pecks on my house...?? what is SWEPI?
Shell Oil
Spend $100k on a woodpecker?
Probably an endangered species...like me!
No I have not. I usually through courthouse research know what the term and royalties that have been customary in a certain area before I go into leasing there. I obviously do not know how much money has been paid for the bonus, but usually the landowner will tell me what he got the last time. Due to inflation and quite frankly, the knowledge of the land/mineral owner, the bonuses for a new round of leasing is always increasing. I do try to give the same amount of bonus money, royalty and term once I have ascertained what the land/mineral owner thinks is a fair offer. I know that landowners know each other and are going to discuss the proposals among themselves, so it does not make a good business practice to give different amounts to neighbors.I must say that the great disparity of bonus money consideration being seen in this play is unprecedented. But to answer your initial question, no I have not.
The above response was to a question as to whether I have ever leased someone in a Section for $100/acre and leased another in the same section for $20,000.
ETO,

When you hear some of the outright frustration and anger coming from some of us mineral owners it is precisely because we were not treated by the same standard of ethics that you operate under.

Some of us have leased property before and thought that we could rely on the information presented to us by the landman. I for one did not expect to be given all of their information. I just expected that the information that I asked questions about would be answered honestly.

These folks who have been lease for the HS are not respectable landmen.

Please understand that when some of us "slam" landmen, we are not speaking about the same type of people that we have dealt with in the past. Nor are we talking about people such as yourself.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service