Should those who hold high positions in government who have private land that is getting leased by the O&G companies have to disclose their deals to the public?

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know they just passed some disclosure laws and not sure exactly what or in what detail they have to disclose but I'll bet it would raise some eyebrows if it was found that they got premium deals on their personal acreage wouldn't it?
All I seem to find of record these days are Memorandums of leases.
“That depends on what your definition of "is" is.” ... It would be funny if it weren't so true. The OG folks know how to grease the wheels. Politicians have the grease they need to make the gas we need. One dollar an acre to lease the airport lands. Probably a bit of left hand pocket money there. I've nothing against left hand money. I justly resent them taking it out of my right hand. Yes - they definitely should have to disclose their deals to the public. And their uncles, aunts, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, and cousins should have to disclose theirs, too. Especially in this state.
Right on! (is that old fashioned?) U took my thoughts & put them in words..how much did o&g pay them backhandedly? for $1.00 an acre?
You would have to show me yours first....
Excellent post Mr. McConnell.
I'm sure as the drilling gets under way and issues arise and folks look to and depend on their elected leaders to look out for their best interest, I don't think many would take comfort finding that their elected leaders were being treated better financially than the average joe by the O&G companies.
How about the Coalition leaders having full disclosure of their leases.
How about disclosure of the minutes of their meetings and financial reports? I've already seen one set of by-laws that states only directors of the HOA's are allowed to inspect the records of the coalition organization during reasonable business hours. Funny thing is, this coalition doesn't have a business office, so what are the business hours and where is the business located? Might have to check with SOS.
HA, HA, HA, you & I know that's how it's supposed to be handled. One of these days I'll tell you about the loooonnnnngggg running joke known as my HOA.
You could stop by my place , offices any time you needed to KB ! I do like to sleep late on Saturdays because of all the activity at "the office" on Friday evenings but we are still open on Saturdays as well.
Are you hitting on her? LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service