Bossier Shale ...Above or below the Haynesville? Specifically in Sabine Parish.

What say you?

Thanks much.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HMI. Listening is good. It makes you a better poster when you decide to come off the sidelines and join in the game. I listened to a number of the Encana web casts yesterday. And yes, they are focused on retaining leases which requires drilling. However I recall one Encana officer stating that they aimed to hold at least 90% of that leasehold. I took that to mean that they would give close scrutiny to the terms of their existing leases, make informed decisions relating to prospective future production and would not hold 100%. Even Encana has limitations and a cautious forward-looking strategy. I'll be glad to get the health care debate behind us so that the Congress can focus on an energy bill.
Amen on the Health Care issue Skip. Ready for that to be done myself. I think you're right about choices that any of these companies will have to make. They'll keep some and they may let some go. In the landgrab they're likely to have grabbed some leases that they could just as soon part with - or be allowed to expire and then re-negotiate. The next 10 years will be filled with zigs and zags in decision making that maybe we as landowners don't anticipate because we don't have all of the details. That's why I try to take everything in stride, be thankful for what we have and make it last. Exciting times none the less.
HMI, in the early days of the play the Haynesville Shale was referred to as the Bossier Shale in Texas. This is because some people designated the entire combined Bossier Shale/Haynesville Shale interval as the Bossier Shale. So what was the Haynesville Shale in Louisiana was equivalent to the Lower Bossier Shale in Texas. This is also the reason the Bossier Shale play in Louisiana is sometimes referred to as the Mid-Bossier Shale.

Now the name Haynesville Shale is being more widely used in Texas and the RRC recently designated a new field "Carthage (Haynesville Shale)" to cover the play in Texas.
Interesting Les. Thank you for sharing that.
Your geologist client has some work to do brushing up on the Bossier/Haynesville!
Ahhhh ...I'm gonna let you tell him that. :-) He's done very well for himself. I guess he's been more right than wrong. He's a driller also. Not sure if I mentioned that. I'll put the shortfall on myself. Perhaps I didn't communicate the question to him efficiently enough.
We'll let him slide............but...........Bossier is above the Haynesville.... no way Les B is gonna be wrong on a chip shot like this one. Glad you're aboard, HMI.
It was wayyyy early in the morning and I think it got flip flopped. Based on our correspondence over the rest of the day I believe his opinion agrees. That's what happens when we start emailing before that first cup of coffee.

Take a look at page 3 of the attached pdf. I believe that corresponds to the opinion offered here. And thanks for the welcome Spring Branch. :-)
Attachments:
Thanks for this link Electrodynamics. Some very clear cut, well defined answers and advice in the pages found there. Most of it I was aware of but it's a great link for me to pass on the other family members involved. They can read something from a neutral third party that affirms what I've been telling them about not rushing into a contract.
HMI, I'll offer my feedback -- 2 factoids.
1. EnCana just reported wells in Sabine Parish with IPs of 17 and 20 mmcfe/day. Those are big wells.
2. I know for a fact that CHK has paid much more than $5k in southern DeSoto recently.
Henry, was the Jimmy Ray Brown the 20 mmcfe ?
Ken, EnCana confirmed the 20 MMcfd well was the Jimmy Brown and it was a Mid-Bossier Shale completion. The 17 MMcfd Mid-Bossier Shale completion was another operator's although EnCana included that well on their map.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service