There are multiple rumors about SWN and the brown dense, Im starting a discussion where all rumors are welcome.

Views: 115066

Replies to This Discussion

Natural Gas Spot Price

2/25 = 3.42

3/19 = 3.96

Roughly up 15% - definitely a correlation, those that are more familiar with SWN's futures contracts and trading practices can probably give more insight, but higher gas = higher value in this gas-heavy company.

Of course, there is probably some value in their JV, the possibility of payout on risky future ventures (i.e. BD), but mostly it is Fayetteville and Macellus becoming worth more in a better price environment.

Settlement prices are more important to the sellers of natural gas than the spot prices.

http://gsfi.net/common/NYMEXSettlementHistory.pdf

I heard the JV was a foreign company.....? If so I wonder who it could be?

BHP is a rumor going around Union Parish.
Mmmm bhp has been buying up interest in lots of stuff lately..xom or cop is still my thoughts they could do a mlp or trust to increase investment interest.
Anybody know if they plan on moving on the Hollis 1-21-22 anytime soon?

The only SWN Hollis well of which I am aware is the L SMK RA SUA; HOLLIS 27-22-3H #1.  If that's the well to which you are referring, the permit to drill expires in ten days.

Heard rumor today that leasing has started back up in Morehouse parish. Don't know if it's for the BD but I do know it's a lot of land.

That's interesting.  I thought the couple tried over that way were "sure 'nuff dusters".  We'll have to see what comes of it...

what is the name of the Company involved?

He didn't mention the company. This gentleman owns about 1700 acres in an area which traditionally is not leased.

I saw in the legal news that dan hughes filed some leases for small tracts near where they drilled their original well.  i think it was to the east a mile or two.  maybe going to have another go?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service