Recently the following cartoon appeared on the Op Ed Page of The Shreveport Times.  It caused me to write a letter to the editor which is published today as a guest columnist.

Views: 2121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Starrh was a plaintiff in a well known case. He beat the oil industry by refusing their settlement and non disclosure agreement and winning his case. It is not surprising you refuse to acknowledge this, or would mistakenly think that Starrh would publish anything.

Mr. Aiello did and has published many articles, both as a freelancer and as a staff journalist. Yes, he did graduate with a degree. What degree did you graduate with? What articles, excluding letters to the editor, have you published? How many times, in the past couple of years, have you begged the readers of this blog to click ads?

I know of many scandals in the past three years in your community not covered and blacked out by your local paper of record. Some are related to the gambling industry, some to oil and gas, and some are related to selling judgements openly. Some are heart breaking and involve elderly and disabled citizens. This has nothing to do with the topic, but do not tout your paper of record and expect to use the word "credible." Talk about losing credibility, wow.

Let me know when you'd like to get back to the topic of the discussion. 

Thought I'd put my $0.02 in here.  The case in question involves evaporation pits used to handle produced water.  there is at least a reasonable possibility that the water was too salty and radioactive to use prior to the action of the oil company.  None of the quick articles I can find actually show a lab report, but I suspect with enough time, one could get a better sense of what actually occurred.  Whatever it was was not from a casing leak and not from hydraulic fracturing.  

Skip may have to correct me, but I don't recall evaporation pits being common in Louisiana.  

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/2013/03/09/aera-starrh-lawsuit-goes...

I don't recall them either, dbob.

Interesting amica brief related to this case.

http://www.iadclaw.org/assets/1/7/StarrhLetterBrief.pdf

Thanks, Francis.  That fills in some important detail.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service