Is it true that Chk sells NG to a company it owns AND sells it for less?  Is this legal? What can we do to contest this? They have made some kind of error on % paid to us, plus other things that seem irregular to us. How can we check this out? Thanks. S

Tags: CHK, Royalties, and

Views: 321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sure would be nice if one of the local media outlets published a story about, "Is Chesapeake defrauding thousands of local landowners for gas payments through Enron-like accounting tricks with phony companies?"

Does anyone have any contacts with local muckrakers? Sounds like there's some muck here that needs to be raked. These days, you might even be able to stir up some heat through non-traditional media like the internet.
Mac,
If you read my discussion on "What Price Are You Getting for Your Gas?" you will see that one landowner already seems to have come to a satisfactory understanding with Chesapeake. I would advise all landowners with quesitons, to use Katie McCullin as a way to get your questions answered. No point in going "Chicken Little" until you know the facts.

Katie has been brave enough to stick her neck out into a fairly hostile environment. Why don't people take advantage of this, and try to let her help you as a first step?
If, in fact, Chesapeake is paying their royalty owners a smaller amount than every other operator in the play, yes they need to answer why. Regardless of their reason or the legality of what they are doing, it is wrong to cheat thousands of landowners with shyster accounting policies. Someone in the media will eventually look at this. It will cost Chesapeake in the long run. If not to their bottom line then to their reputation which they may not give a rats ass about anyway.. JMO
LOL!!! Perhaps someone who knows how to "scoop poop?"

It apprears to me that "Sam" has posted a multiple question topic. The last one seems to have been answered. So, in terms of "high stakes testing," only partial credit can be given, I suppose.

80)
Are there any lessors who are getting more than their neighbors from CHK?
Google Briggs v Sonat and scroll down through the notes to the explanation. I think this case has many answers to questions in this thread.
Thank you, OM. For some of us that kind of resource might be easily understood, for others of us it would make necessary the translation by a legalese linguist. lol I will be looking for it, though. In the meantime, anyone know where to find a qualified & effective translator?

The answer to the first question wouldn't be that difficult to find, either. But it does seem that "Sam" is looking for some "full disclosure" by posting this topic, perhaps some of the same kind of "transparency" that most Americans are demanding these days.

80)
FYI: Read Federal Nat Gas Royalty Underpayment Litigation under The Project on Government Oversight:

http://www.pogo.org/pogo-files/alerts/natural-resources/nr-ogrl-200...

DrWAVeSport Cd1
Some of the relators/whistleblowers are as crooked as the ones they blew the whistle on.
No difference to me. A thief is a thief is a thief if one takes what one does not own...or schmucks honest hard-working Americans out of moneys they have legal rights to receive. Underhandedness and deceit don't sit on any one side of a fence. Corp fences; Government fences; O&G fences; or, for this discussion...royalty owner fences. In my business, the one who writes the checks is responsible for getting it right...legally!

JMHO. Each to his own.

DrWAVeSport Cd1 Still Unleased with a Chk 16,000MCFD well in one of my sections!
Dr you are right about thieves. The fed gov has just bent over and took a screwing for many years. As for the Indians, when has the the feds ever looked out for their best interest? There ain't much that I can do about the screwing the gov gets but there is something that I can do about the average joe landowner. One of the relators/whistleblowers was trying to do this same thing in a parish near you just a few months ago. When something has been dead for 10 years, then it is dead, not to be brought back to life without a new deal, giving it new life at todays price.
Agreed, Two Dogs. I want royalty owners to read: "The Schemes" under Fed. Nat. Gas Royalty Underpayment Litigation @

http://pogo.org/pogo-files/alerts/natural-resources/nr-ogrl-2002010...

It matters not what a company like Chk "says" to its royalty owners per their mo. statements. It matters how those monthy royalty statements were accounted. FERC, the LDNR, the LOC need to be watching every step of the way to how that royalty is accounted. May I say: Bernie Maydoff? One individual... Now make it 500+O&Gs. We aren't talking just peanuts here.

I'll bet the average American taxpayer's Income Tax Statement is under more scrutiny than a nat. gas royalty statement. However, when it comes to the State and the Fed governments collecting their share of one's royalty moneys and bonuses...They will take your home; your car; your paycheck; your bank account; your dog...to pay what's owed to them. It seems only right that O&G companies...who touch your moneys 1st...are held accountable to the laws on the books that regulate these royalty transactions.

Again, JMHO I am only using Chk as an example of "O&Gs" per the topic of this discussion and this GHS thread with no liability or wrong doing in any way suggested.

DrWAVeSport Cd1 9/12/2010

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service