Good looks at the San Augustine, Nacagdoches, Sabine area and potential.

Views: 176

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, look at these well tests in the haynesville:

1HK Roos #32H 25.1 Mmcfd
2HK Sample #5-1H 28.2 Mmcfd
3HK Albritton # 15-1H 23.0 Mmcfd
4ECA Adcock #29-1H 13.1 Mmcfd
5Comstock BSMC #12-1H 9.0 Mmcfd
6CHK Milton Crow 27 14.0 Mmcfd
7PVA Fogle #5 5.0 Mmcfd
8Common Red River 164 13.4 Mmcfd

Talk about an All Star team!!!

Wow, hope the recoverable reserves are just as impressive.
Wilma, Crimson does not have an ownership in any of these wells. These are just a sampling of completed wells.
I guess I should have been clearer in my comment - it is an All Star team for the haynesville play.

Maybe Crimson will put one on the roster! Then again, maybe not.

Impressive IP's, and the fact they were operated by a number of companies means that the technology or acreage position will not keep dirms like Devon or CXPO out.

Thanks for your comment LesB, did not want to misrepresent anything, my omission.
Wilma, no problem. If you get a chance check out the the two HS Well Hall of Fame lists which show indeed an All Star cast of operators.
From another board. I like the conclusion - The Boom Is On Now!! (we shall see)

Three Most Active Texas Counties For Haynesville Shale

Shelby, Sabine, San Augustine counties are seeing alot of exploration activity as to the Haynesville shale.Rumor has it that Chesapeake and Petrohawk have drilled in Shelby county 2 excellant wells horizontal in the Haynesville shale. The information has not been officially reported, but should be soon.Crimson has made a public statement that the James Lime section cored in the well they are drilling now in San Augustine with Devon as the operator was very promising. This well is located due east of City limits of San Augustine, Texas. All of the stacked pay zones that are present, makes these 3 counties very popular. Its looking like a mirror to the Barnett shale moving south more and more as drilling continues. IP's are probably going to increase as time goes on in these counties. There will be alot more rigs moving to these 3 counties very soon. The boom is on now!

Posted by Jurassic Exploration Inc on Sunday, August 16, 2009 15:10
Interesting open market Haynesville transaction announced a few days ago. It looks like this is a play you want to be in, strategy wise:

BG Group acquires upstream assets from EXCO Resources

Monday, August 17, 2009 (Datamonitor Financial Deals Tracker via COMTEX) -- XCO | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- BG Group Plc, a UK-based integrated gas company, has acquired a 50% interest in upstream assets within the area of mutual interest (AMI) from EXCO Resources, Inc., a US-based oil and natural gas company. The transaction is valued at $1,127 million.

The consideration comprises $727 million in cash plus a $400m to be paid as a carry of 75% of EXCO's future costs to develop the Haynesville shale gas.

The assets within the AMI include approximately 120,000 net acres with approximately 65,000 net acres in East Texas and 55,000 net acres in Louisiana, and approximately 84,000 net acres are prospective for Haynesville shale development.
I think it came up again because it was closed a few days ago.
OK, just saw the date of the formal announcement and figured it was new.

Values don't change much in a month anyway, and here they might even increase in value for transactions.

CXPO stock was killed today, but someone stepped in and started buying. They got a pretty good deal in my opinion, but who knows??
thanks for posting this....we are EXCITED to see our land (as yet unleased) is in the southern border of crimsons' interest on pg 22 of this doc....now, all we need to do ,i guess, is to hope this will increase leasing activity around the 103/96 area....
We will know the initial test on the Kardell well within a month I am told, most likely a bit sooner. Devon is the operator. There is an additional report on Crimson and this area that I will try to find a link for, very informative. The southern leg might have 'legs' sort to speak, if the IP tests well. The coring was impressive I was told, they like what they saw on the vertical core and what the tests showed. But the real data is the IP rates, and some other color as to the formation and well.
New analyst write up on the Kardell well, CXPO, and the Haynesville play:

http://www.lsgifund.com/TVF/Oct/CXPO.pdf
Devon presentation, not much on the Haynesville but they have a slide or two:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTYzNzV8...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service