Have there been any recent updates on how Louisiana will view CUL's (orders, separating sections, royalty based on % perforations per Section....)?

Recently, landman stated that what they are proposing is NOT a CUL but a multi-section lateral.  If such a creature, how does it differ?

Caddo Parish, Haynesville Shale

Tags: Haynesville, Shale

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some in the business still use the term, CUL.  Whether a multi-unit well is called a CUL or an HC (Horizontal Cross - the state's official abbreviation) doesn't matter.  Well production is reported the same and allocated between producing units the same by the state.  Operators may treat that production differently on royalty statements by an adjusted decimal interest fraction.  It is possible that the comment refers to a well producing from two sections that are unitized in the same unit.  A ~1280 acre, two section drilling unit.  Those have become common but production is reported the same as a single section unit, no need for allocation.


Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.


© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service