Anyone local to the Avoyelles area hearing anything about the Eagles Ranch Well? It appears that they recently finished drilling well and should be moving frac crews on location soon.

Views: 32880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For the laymen amongst us, is that a good or bad number for the prospects of the play in that vicinity?

That is the NuTech number.

jay

Comment on this question from Richard Davis (ran out of "reply" options on that thread):

"For the laymen amongst us, is that a good or bad number for the prospects of the play in that vicinity?"

This is only a single data point / well point - nothing to compare it to as what the AC looks like as to reservoir quality in this area or anywhere else in the Louisiana trend right now.

Key here is to take the petrophysical work for the AC and plot it (similar to what I included in post a couple of hours ago) to show porosity / SW / Perm / VClay / Oil or gas in place throughout the section to ID the best intervals for "best" O&G in place. This is then the target interval / landing zone for a lateral.

Remember - a horizontal well is not testing the entire AC section. It is only capable to targeting and frac'ing a part of the AC based on frac barriers and other issues. Normally 100' to 200' in thickness.

Thanks, very helpful to this layman!

No problem - in the example PDF I posted, the 30' thick sweet spot is where I would put the lateral and try to stay in that interval for the total length of the horizontal (assuming that the "sweet spot" maintains its quality for the entire lateral section).

We also correct the porosity logs for clay content in addition to mineralogical variances.
We also correct the porosity logs for clay content in addition to mineralogical variances.

Welcome to GHS, Galen.  Thanks for the input.

When comparing the porosity values for the area around the Eagles Ranch against the rest of the trend the Southern end of Avoyelles seems to run slightly lower than the other known fields by about 1-3% porosity
Galen's company did the work for us. Excellent outfit.
Jay

RSS

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service