currently drilling in Shelbyville... this is the thread for comments, rumors, etc.

Tags: County, EOG, Shelby, Shelbyville

Views: 384

Replies to This Discussion

They were going to have an offering last summer before the crash. I think they were going to offer @ 17 or 18 a share; but I don't know how much equity there were going to raise.

I like Ellora, and I wish I could have got in a little on the private offering; but still it will be interesting to see how market reacts if they go public. I think that an energy private equity fund -- Yorktown owns 60% or so of the company -- so you can bet they are the ones behind the scene calling the real shots as to whether they go public or not.

Ellora has a nice position with a lot of future potential assuming the E -SE part of Shelby proves up as far as deeper zones go. OTOH, who knows if a James Lime driller really has the technological staff in there to bring in these deep wells even with extra money to work with.
Permit amended the field name to CARTHAGE, NORTH (BOSSIER SHALE) for EOG Ellington-Ellora #1H 11/9/09 and well spudded 9-19-2009
Is the is well that near Shelbyville not far from town off of FM417? If so does anyone know the status?
Is this the well thay is near Shelbyville not far from the town off of FM417? If so does anyone know the status? Thanks in advance. James
James, I haven't seen an IP for this well nor have I heard any more gossip about it since RBH posted the article below on Dec. 18 which was also from mid November.
Just went and read link from other part of site. I guess Yorktown owns over 70% of Ellora. Said they had $160 million of debt or so. I browsed through their 7/20/09 SEC filing they did.

"We acquired our initial position in East Texas in June 2002, and as of March 31, 2009, we held 77,000 gross acres (71,000 net acres) in East Texas, 56% of which are currently held by production. The current production from our East Texas acreage is primarily from the James Lime formation. "
0.56*71,000= 39760 HBP acres. Considering companies like PXP/CHK deals valued acreage at 16K or more per acre and you can do math. 39760*16000= 613,160,000. So I am not really concerned 160 million of debt.
on oilvoice.com --a Jurassic Exploration posting on 11-15-2009:
Calm Before The Storm In The Haynesville Shale In Texas
EOG has just completed the drilling of the Ellington-Ellora # 1-H in the Haynesville shale in Shelbyville,Texas. The word out in the country and on the streets of Shelby county is that they should have a very good well.Scouts are reporting that while drilling their planned 4500 feet lateral that they only drilled approximately 3500 feet due to excessive gas from the well. EOG is very excited about this well. They should be fracing the well within 2 weeks.Buffco Production,Inc (Kilgore,Texas) and Chesapeake Energy hold leases in and around this well. This well should be another barn burner for this area of the county according to the scouts.

Posted by Jurassic Exploration Inc on 15 November 2009 12:00

any new information
RBH, Any updates? Thanks, James
James, the Ellington well is on FM 417 E probably 1/2 mile off SH 87 in the town of Shelbyville. I haven't heard any numbers on it, but I drive by it often and it appears to be on pipeline. You can see from the highway where they have cleared a path to the gathering line and the activity on the well site has slowed down significantly the past 2 weeks.
Thanks. James
Nothing filed on record yet..
so is being in a lease with ellore a good thing or bad, i am getting a little worried with all the talk that ellora cannot drill deep wells. also does anyone know anything about the burton paul survey about 5 miles north of huxley

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service