currently drilling in Shelbyville... this is the thread for comments, rumors, etc.

Tags: County, EOG, Shelby, Shelbyville

Views: 384

Replies to This Discussion

its not that they cant but they dont, they will let one of the big boys drill the deep and expensive wells
most likely chk or eog
Durango mom - The Burton Paul survey has some acreage held by production with the Sabine Kip well. Other than that well, I don't know of any other wells present or future. I talked to an Ellora landman last week and he said they were working on a couple of joint ventures in Huxley but he didn't say which survey. I live in Matthew Duncan survey and he said it would not be my property. I have mixed feelings about Ellora. If the Ellington well is as good as they say, maybe my opinion of Ellora will change. Are you leased with Ellora in Burton Paul survey? Do you have roots in Huxley??? I am a fifth generation Huxley girl.
Ellora is all over Huxley and trying to stay that way. I probably won't lease with them again when my 2 year option, that I got stuck with, expires in 2011.
why would you not release with ellora
i have never lived in huxley , but i have family there and my dad was born there, yes i am leased with ellora, but i am binded by a privacy clause so i cant discuss any numbers, but they were good, realy good, i am in a 3 yr but it will expire in 2011. they had told me several months ago they have plans for this area in the second half of 2010, so i dont know
You are fortunate that they were good to you. I, however, signed an extension lease with them in 2006 that contained a 2 year option that I later realized was not my option but their's. I was paid the same amount in 09 as I was in 06 while my neighbors got the big bucks. I have had my land leased with them since 2003 and before that with E&G Energy and have had 1 well that was drilled in 2001 that had to be shut in because of problems maybe in the fracing process. I don't really remember the details but that is the reason we kept going back with Ellora - they kept saying they would come back and redo the well. The only good thing about that is my acres are not held by production and I was able to continue to lease my land, but in 2011 it will not be with Ellora unless I absolutely have to. I will never say never. Right now, it is my understanding that the only way they can drill for Haynesville is through a JV with a company that has the epuipment available to do that which is what they did in Shelbyville on the Ellington well. I am related to most families in Huxley. We might be related escpecially if they are in the Burton Paul survey. That survey neighbors some of my family land.
Hi Etola!

I have land and minerals on FM 139 near Huxley--I am a Shelby Native too, but live in HTown (suburbs of Houston). I had minerals leased with Ellora, and they are no longer leased. I have turned down some offers; others in my family have too as they will do what I do. I have studied mineral management, etc. Is the lease bonus going up? I was going to release for a very good offer; and the "crash" was just before my lease was due. What companies are leasing and what offers are out there?
MARG,
Besides Ellora, Chesapeake and Paloma are the 2 companies that have been active on my side of Huxley. What survey is your land located? We also own land on FM 139 in the James Golden and Withers surveys.
Kirkpatrick----by the Tenaha Creek Bridge. I have other properties in Shelby North. Marg
You and my cousin have neighboring land. I know Joaquin is getting another disposal well as we speak. I think that makes about 6 right there in a 3 mile radius. They might know something we don't know. Leasing your land can be like a poker game. It's a gamble to hold out and wait for the biggest offer, but then you don't want to take the first offer either. I have always just taken the first offer and was thrilled to get what my grandfather always called free money only to later find out that next door neighbors got huge bonus $$$ for holding out and playing hardball. I don't have any advice to give on that subject other than get a good O&G attorney. That is what I am in the process of doing, and will hopefully be more educated when I can lease again.
I belong to Oil and Gas Organizations, have had mineral and royalty management classes. I have books and helped write up my other lease and requested a lot of things. The leasing man at Center told me that I knew more about the business than anyone he had met, and another delivered the lease to me to see what I was like, where I lived, etc. He was very nice and lives not too far from me. He is one of the head people there though. I have books on leasing, etc. I intend to write it up when the time comes and have it reread by an O & G Attorney; I never take the offers as it pays to negotiate for different things to one's benefit. However, on these Haynesvillles and Bossiers one need both a vertical and horizontal Pugh Clause and several things that are not the same as on the Travis Peaks and other things I have been involved in helping others and doing. I have friends in organizations and leaders, etc. Hopefully, I will get it right as possible. One needs to consider about protecting his or her land in the event a well is drilled, etc. I have decided that your cousin may be named Chuck.
TTYL
No, but I do know Chuck! I thought your land was on the north side of Tenaha Creek but I looked on the TRRC website and found your survey. It is a weird shaped survey and borders several surveys and includes several acres of national forest land. It looks like it borders the north side of the Buckley survey. I know for a fact that CHK has acres leased in that survey and Common Resources did sone leasing in the spring of 08 in the EC Thomas survey and and W. Holt survey which also borders the Kirkpatrick survey south of FM 417 E and will expire 2011 about 5 months before mine does. I haven't heard Common Resources mentioned lately around here. CHK also has some land leased in the WK Withers survey which is near the south side of Kirkpatrick. Best of luck to ya! My land is only 3 miles or so south of yours so I will let you pave the way for me. Please let me know who you decide to do business with. Etola

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service