2009 looks promising for the Haynesville Shale
Jim Roberts jroberts@ktbs.com
Created: February 12, 2009 05:28 PM
Modified: February 12, 2009 05:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Share This Story: Email to Friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 looks to be a promising year for the Haynesville shale.

Encana, a Canadian natural gas company, have already drilled wells into the shale.

Jeff Wojahn, director of U.S. operations, says none of the wells are record breakers, but they are producing sizable amounts of natural gas.

"They're strong wells. We have had good results that have been equivalent to results published by the industry," said Wojahn.

Those results have encouraged Encana to plan on drilling five more wells over the next year, into the Haynesville shale and another formation called the Deep Bossier.

Chesapeake Energy, one of the early players in the shale, is also looking to expand in 2009. "We're currently operating 20 rigs a today. We expect to end the year with 35 rigs operational in this 3.5 million acre acrea," said Kevin McCotter, company spokesman.

Another big player, Petrohawk, also has plans to add at least a dozen more rigs.

Don Briggs, president of the Louisiana Oil and Gas Association, says there is almost 100 rigs working in north Louisiana.

Many of those rigs were moved from the Barnett shale in Fort Worth and the Marcellus shale in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Buck

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe the Hippocratic oath should be applied, not to be confused with hypocrites ...

"Never to do deliberate harm to anyone for anyone else's interest ... " Even one's own. Okay, now I'm off to go reflect on my own actions. :0)
Yes, often confused with the Hypothalamus oath.
And after checking with him/her, check with your Herpatologist. There are a lot of snakes around these days. LOL
I think this disscusion has lost its direction, talk about a detour.
It's the way we girls roll!
Nice ... and easy ... LOL

And just what is wrong with Snake, Cathaus?
You are the good snake. I was referring to critters that crawl on their bellies, reptiles, and in some cases landmen!
Just double checkin'. :-)
Buck,

This all sounds great! I would like to ask and maybe you'll be able to answer this question. Why are so many people in the oilfield being laid off? Word in the field is that things are not that good.I have heard that some vendors ( I'll not say which ones) are saying that work is slow. Mud companies, bit companies, etc..
Do you think things will pick up enough to help these people out? We are not affliated with any of these companies, but know quite a few of the salesmen and our hearts go out to them.
My husband has been in the oilfield all his life ( since age 17), and there are so many good people in this industry.
I would like to add that it irritate me to hear people complain about the price of a gal. of gas, when auto workers are making what they do, and in a much better climate controlled environment than a roughneck.
People are expected to spend ( and do) $ 40,000. for a vehicle to support all the UAW workers, but then complain about a gallon of gas costing even as much as $ 2.50 a gallon.
This, to me, is outrageous.

Thanks,
Donna, good comments and questions! Since this "thread" has jumped its original track, and your first question will probably generate many comments, I would like to respond on a new thread. Be blessed!
Hey Buck,
Good post.

And where will these additional billions go.......
The big three will be around at least as long as these stimulus packages are.

People have decided not to buy these products for any number of very good reasons, from fear of the economy,higher costs vs value,lower fuel mileage, quality issues,lower re-sale value, shorter warrantee periods,etc.,etc. Now we are haveing to lease these vehicles(stimulus) without the opportunity to even get to drive them...........

Just wondering how much those UAW votes are going to end up costing this country, per capita, before its all said and done ?
Payback is easiest when someone else is footing the bill.............

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service