I thought the attached G-1 and G-5 would be interesting to some folks.  G-1 has the completion information - looks like acid fracs and therfore the target is the limestone formations.  

24 hour production is 479 bbl of 42.8 API gravity condensate or oil.  1179 bbls of water with that.  Note this is a vertical completion across multiple, thick zones.  

Maybe I need to get Joe Aldrige to look at this, but it looks more like what he describes as TMS rather than Eagle Ford Shale.  Any other thoughts?

Views: 83745

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

DH, Parten has a rig assigned to 225-31214, a hz. Dexter well, scheduled to spud this week.  XTO is not drilling in the county right now.  

We just have to wait for some completion reports... talk of poor results is useful for keeping bonus expectations low.  

Thanks, Jffree-- remind me to send you a Christmas bonus

As I understand it, The DEXTER IS PART(stringer) OF THE LOWER WOODBINE, this is why I think this well is important and now that I know the rig is due any day I will start doing  due diligence (scouting) ------ that Ranch location is a very large private area that will be POSTED but the hands will eat lunch at the country store and a little word will get out

Hi ALL,

Went through Lovelady yesterday and they will soon need a traffic signal at the one cross roads in that town ------ a whole fleet of frac tanks were turning on 1280 W off of hwy 19 along with other oilfield related equipment -------- our paved roads in the SW part of the county are showing the heavy and steady abuse --------- went by a New Navidad Well near the corner of fm 231 and hwy 19 think it was the Gouldie  225-31197 and it was burning a 25' flare with no rig/equipment present also went by the Western Chief Rig and the bit was still turning (would think this one would be close to TD.) We are hearing that Terrace Energy LLC. is trying to buy a well site 2 miles NE of Austonio --- Terrace seems to be moving pretty fast as they have only been leasing a few months now------ MORE LANDMEN STILL SHOWING UP in Crockett and empty office space is being rented fast --- Leasing has now jumped well east of hwy 287 but seems to be staying south of hwy 7 except around Latexo and Grapeland ---- The leasing seems to be better organized than last time (2005) and the companies seem to be staying in certain pre-planned areas. --------- END OF REPORT

Great report, DH. Western Chief-David Blakeley #1 is at 9,396' with a target of 12,000' (vertical) and Navidad-Crespi #1H is at 10,133' (TD-15,600').  Parten has moved their spud date back to the 12th.

Thanks jffree,

As usual you have shed some light on the "DARK" part of these wells

Feel bad for Navidad as that Crespi well has been a problem child since the first week or so and heard that they have been "fishing" this time

Rig hands for Western Chief Report that TD will be 10500'  so we need to be on the watch for logging or casing trucks soon ------- At this point on a well where on the RRC do you guys watch  for additional filings ? 

Sometimes the rig report will say they are logging.  The next public report (RRC) will be a completion report, probably.  

Hello All,

Made the rounds today to see what was going on in Houston Co. --- No sign of the Parten rig  yet --------  Crispi rig is just sitting there with a generator running and nothing happening (Rig #101 looks small to me and is very close to public road) ------ Western Chief rig (Independent #31) doing the same thing (also close to road) ------- could not see any wireline or Halliburton cement trucks --- no one outside working ---- maybe they are waiting on cement to dry etc. -------- Navidad has built a large field office with pipe yard on about 15 acres, N of Weldon complete with razor wire high fence. Saw one new well pad just south of Pearson Chapel but no rig. Several miles of 4 inch black plastic roll pipe laying in the FM Road ditches not sure if they were for fresh water or disposal ----- would think that temporary gas line would be orange pipe?   Pit on Western Chief well still looks huge to me --- will keep my eyes and ears open --- Heard they (WC) were at 10,400 Monday morning and going on down to 11,500 for TD.

Thanks for the update, DH.  It sounds like Navidad is moving in to stay a while.

jffree, looks like you and I are the last ones standing in this thread ----- as of yesterday the Navidad "Gouldie #1"  was still burning a flare but it was down to about 15' high --------- The Western Chief well seemed to be going in the hole with tubing?  as I watched a while and the joints seemed to have pipe dope on the threads and they were pretty whip like and snaky while they were handling those triples (90') every minute or so going down in the well.  A couple of the locale ranchers are reporting finding survey stakes with well names on them in their pastures so I would think that a new round of permitting may be coming soon that will jump the play a 3-5 miles further north.

When I re-read some of the the older threads it seems that dbob and Boscoe had determined that the frac jobs on these Burk and Navidad wells were kind of small ------- does that mean anything to you ?

Dry hole - part of my read on the frac jobs is that Navidad and Burk are trying different frac recipes.  I need to look at what otehrs are doing in Madison County.  It will be nice to see the size of the job on the Crespi #1H.  

Thanks dbob, GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK

I am afraid that Crispi Well has become someones worst nightmare as it seems to be clocking -up too much time.   Burk and Navidad seem to have slowed their pace a little in Houston Co. maybe you will find that they have flipped back across the river into Madison Co. with their rigs while they test and set up infrastructure on this side ? -------- Would not be surprised to learn that they might be "shopping their play" to a Major ? ------ the wells (stakes) that I eluded to in my last post will be on other companies acreage and will most likely be Vertical based on the fact that the well IDs did not include an H.

DH, I wouldn't worry about Crespi running the clock up.  I figure Navidad is just looking at all the science available to them and that takes time.

Parten has now moved their spud date back to the 20th.  Their assigned rig must be held up on location.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service