I thought the attached G-1 and G-5 would be interesting to some folks.  G-1 has the completion information - looks like acid fracs and therfore the target is the limestone formations.  

24 hour production is 479 bbl of 42.8 API gravity condensate or oil.  1179 bbls of water with that.  Note this is a vertical completion across multiple, thick zones.  

Maybe I need to get Joe Aldrige to look at this, but it looks more like what he describes as TMS rather than Eagle Ford Shale.  Any other thoughts?

Views: 83745

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

All,  SM is drilling New Horizon #2 in San Jacinot County - looks like same miernal owner as the New Horizon #1.  Info suggests the New Horizon #1 is producing something on the order of 200-400 bbls/oil per day. 

Interstate still working rapidly on the Patrick pad. 

Reportedly Interstate will start moving a rig onto "Patrick" tomorrow  assume that it will be Basin 101 that is about finished with "Gamble" well ---------- Interstate has not improved the County Rd, going to "Patrick" except for a portable bridge that was laid on top of the wooden bridge ------- they are in for a big shock if it rains  as that hard red clay turns to soft slick goo with even a shower

Also reports of Devon rigging-up on "COOK" 2 miles SE of Crockett on hwy 287 so Lucky's post is confirmed

Thanks Dry Hole!! That red clay isn't no fun. Heard we got some rain up there today so for sure that road is going to be nasty. Talked to a friend of mine who is a driller for Trinidad, said after they drill a few more holes in Brazos county they will be moving east around our area. They are drilling for Encana now I believe.

Lucky,

Trinidad # 125 is 20 days on  working for Encana in Brazos on a 9000' H well

and Trinidad #133 is working for ANADARKO in Brazos ---- good to see that this "Eaglebine" play has gotten the attention of all the big boys

DH - Starting to pray for rain.  Maybe they will bring an "Abby Road" style deluge upon themselves for failing to upgrade the road :) .  

Keep hearing tidbits about more wells coming on line, but nothing confirmed or official.  I get the general sense that if natural gas prices were a bit higher for the long term, you would see a wider and more rapid drilling push in the area.  

Oil stuff seems to be holding its own, but prices need to stay at or above where they are to keep things moving.  Hopefully mineral owners are doing well with whats going on and the landowners aren't getting too heavily impacted.

Agree that we need rain   --------- a pro landman said to me "I can not believe Devon pulled their leasing crews out of HC and are drilling a well"  kinda goes against normal procedure

keep hearing that only a few of these vertical wells are very good -------- think it will take the Horizontals to prove it up and bring on the real excitement IMHO ------- seems that Madison and Leon Co. have already switched over to the H wells -------- at any rate it is not going away anytime soon

Regarding Devon - they are simply working to preserve cash at this point - they leased a bunch of cotton valley stuff in Harrison County over the last few years, then just walked away when it didn't turn out to be good at current prices.  

Taking the oil and gas company perspective, I think they need to get a little better at drilling to hold what they've got in the short term, even if long term it leaves them with some odd shaped units and things like that.  They are (in other areas at least), dropping reasonably good acreage and focusing on areas with high ROI or good potential to generate cash flow.  

IMHO, that is why we are seeing some of what we are seeing from various operators - some want to hold what they've got, others are trying to maximize cash flow, and others are simply trying to figure out what is going on.  

Seems to me these oil companies are like football teams when they change coaches-the idea is still to win games but the plan on how to do it changes. I'm hearing rumors that "preview" land men are in and around Houston and Trinity County lauding lease payments of $1000 to $1600 per acre for a 5 yr paid up lease.(most of leases in area for last 3 years were 3 year with option to renew for 2). They seem to be baiting for the 2008-2009 leases in the area which will expire in the 2013-2014.

XTO doing some very IN DEPTH title research for our Pennington area-they say original plan is still in play to drill and drill and drill. Starting to sound like a broken record.

I agree with DH---need to get some good horizontal well stats and get on with this party.

The Pennington area and Northern Walker County have proven to be tough on drilling.  I think there may be a "rubble zone" similar to what is being seen in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale.  If you know its there, it appears to be manageable, but if you aren't planning for it, it can cause problems.  I'd love to hear if anyone can confirm a rubble zone in the Eaglebine.

Good to know the land activity is increasing.  

Dbob,  Not sure if this is related to your Rubble Zone but I heard that "Gamble" twisted off the bit in the last few days but was able to finish the hole

Also believe that operators are trying to drill too much open hole in new areas ----------- kinda like taking a short cut that ends up taking longer

The Trinidad rig did say it was like drilling in rubble around the area the have been in. Said they have sidetracked a few wells in the area, not sure if that was for Encana or somebody else. They are off OSR near the Navasota River right now not sure if thats the same formation as over here.

Thanks Lucky - As a general note to folks reading this, please keep an ear out for well problems with depth.  The rubble zone being discussed is not a deal killer by any means, but may make it harder to target specific portions of a formation.  As DH mentions, operators may just be trying to drill too deep, too fast and keeping long sections of hole open because it works some of the time.  

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service