Channel 12 announced that there was another local gas well explosion today at 5:00 p.m. and that 1 person was killed. It is a terrible price to pay while you are just trying to make a living.
It is supposed to be on Twin Oaks Road. Is Twin Oaks located off of Stonewall-Frierson Road?

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Google maps shows it being off Hwy 171, south of the Stonewall-Frierson Road intersection.

So sad!

And to think I was just talking with the landman here about how rare blowouts were. Of course, when you increase the number of rigs operating, the risk of this happening increases, also. Did they say whose well it was?

Yes, oilfield work is an inherently dangerous operation.
Twin Oaks Rd is off Hwy 171 between Rambin Rd and Collinswood in Stonewall
Thank you for answering, it seems that we both watch the news during the same times. Is it the road that is right beside the Chevron station? That is the only part of the report that I heard, Twin Oaks and 1 death. Do you know anymore about it? I think that Chesapeake was drilling a well over near that area but I don't know if it was them. I am going to look it up on Sonris.

I feel terrible for any family to lose their loved one in such a way.
MM,

I've been meaning to return your call, I apologize for not doing it already.
Thanks, and it's ok, I've been busy too, but I'd love to talk soon. Check your email, I sent you a message a few minutes ago.
Yes. Twin Oaks is by the Chevron station. You turn just before the car wash. I don't know anything about the explosion or where that well is. That road rambles all around and merges with Middleton Rd.
I don't know anything about the operations over there. Twin Oaks Road is on the west side of 171, but I'm not real sure where it is in conjunction with the Chevron or Texaco. I really so rarely venture down that way that I'm not familiar. I would have to look it up on Sonris, too. Let us know what you find out.

On the KSLA website, it's not being referred to as a blowout, but simply some sort of accident. There's a small picture showing a leaning pole, and the brief story says the accident happened at the base of the pole. It does confirm that it's a Chesapeake well.
I didn't get to see the news, but I'm sending prayers & condolences to their family, friends & coworkers.
The Burford family has property on Twin Oaks Rd. and the well may be the Burford 31H (?). Sonris is down right now so I can't check it out. We complain a lot about this and that but there is a huge number of people just like us trying to make a living but they literally put their life on the line every day and night working on drilling rigs. That is really sad news and I send my sympathies to the family and coworkers.
that pole is a crane holding a coil tubing unit, the drilling rig has already left this location, coil tubing unit was more than likely drilling out plugs between perforations, coil tubing units are in a lot of cases more dangerous than drilling rigs.

My Prayers go Out to Victim
My Name is liz with ksla. Would you be willing to talk to me about your thoughts on this accident. 464-9155
My prayers go out to the mans family and coworkers

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service