Has anyone else recieved a letter from Ottinger and Hebert L.L.C. Attorneys at Law on behalf of Eagle Oil Co. The letter seems to state that they are trying to force pool sections in the western part of Sabine Parish. Wondering what this means to small land owners. It says there will be a meeting in Natchitoches at The Best Western on Feb. 11th at 10:30 a.m. Need help understanding this.

Views: 143

Replies to This Discussion

ZX, I do not show any Haynesville unit by Shell yet for T10N-R14W, Section 29.
i have several family members that are heirs to property under water in the converse area---does anyone know anything about that area or who to contact or who to expect to contact them
I would not contact them, they will contact you. If you look back to the earlier posts on this thread you will see that Eagle has formed units on the North end of the lake but that doesn't mean anything as to the time frame of when or if they will drill in the near future.
A neighbor in township 9N had a copy of the letter. He said that it also referenced a Cates 1 well, drilled in the '70s and classed as a dry hole because they didn't have the technology to crack the shale. He said that the hole discription included the statement that the depth from 12,200 to 13,400 was the Haynesville shale. Is that correct? That's 1200 feet of shale. Is there something wrong with this statement?
Hope that it is true. Do you have section, township, range on the Cates 1 Well?
Martin, that could be the gross interval thickness of the Haynesville Shale. The net thickness could be ~ 200 - 250 feet which is normally what is quoted by the oil & gas companies.
do you know if the Hot Wells area off hwy 191 included in this?

cp
Thanks two dogs (didn't your handle formerly include RSP?) -- It's township 9N. zx cajun has provided the section and range. Thanks cajun. And thanks to les b also. Sardus is now just a cross roads intersection -- and a grave yard. Prior to WW2, with a much higher population density in the area, the community included an elementary school and maybe a church.

Off topic, my neighbor also said that Petrohawk was actively seeking leases in that area for the shale ~ $2,500.00 per acre and 25% royalties. He's holding out for the good old days of last summer.
Martin, RSP only for a flag. I know for a fact that there is a shallow project going on in Sardis so at least save the first 5000 feet. CHK has bought some leases in the area so have some outlaws. I know of one family on GHS that has 310 acres in the area that I think is still unleased as far as the deep stuff. The Evans property went to CHK. It may never go to the price paid during the summer but only time will tell. There is also some HBP stuff in the area from shallow wells.
Any one reading this who was able to attend the meeting today (11) in natchitoches relative to eagle please post some new's.....thank's
These are just units being formed. Better language could be used that wouldn't freak people out but that is the way they do it. They will contact you about leasing.
What are the pros and cons for owners of 5 to 10 acres being forced pooled. About the only thing I know is you get no up front lease money.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service