My wife and I received a letter from Mark O'Neal & Associates, Inc. stating their formal notice of withdrawal of an offer to lease our mineral interests. We have never had any type of communication with this Land Company, or any other Land Company for that matter. Below is the contents of the letter we received today:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. *******,

This letter is formal notice of the withdrawal of an offer to lease your mineral interests in Section 27, Township 18 North - Range 11 West, Bossier Parish, Louisiana, on behalf of Mark A. O'Neal & Associates, Inc.

If you received an Oil, Gas and Mineral Lease dated prior to November 24, 2009, it is no longer valid.

If you have any questions regarding this matter please contact our office at the above number. ((318) 221-0631)

Sincerely,
William F. O'Neal, RPL
Mark A. O'Neal & Associates, Inc.

I'm not sure what to think about this letter. I did call the number provided but received no answer.

Can anyone help me understand what might be going on with this?

Thank you.

Views: 800

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What cometh can also goeth. Lease offers are just that (offers) until you get your check. It's best not to be too greedy if you really need the money. Some of these units that get a marginal well drilled, may never get drilled again. Never say never, if gas goes back to $12...just sayin. Best hopes for monsters in everyone's section!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service