Views: 1698

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, v.  That gives an good overview of the challenges presented by temps and pressures at extreme depths.  As far as the technology being deployed in the deep horizontal wells of the HA/BO Play, the heat plays hell with the electronic;, steerable drill bits, Measurement While Drilling tools, electric logs, etc.  The required improvements in metallurgy may also be possible but the economics are just not favorable at present.  Most of the major HA/BO players already have huge reserves that will take years to develop.  It may take major increases in the price of natural gas to make it feasible to produce the more challenging areas of the Play.
Jay, by "nearby" I take it you mean that it doesn't matter if the salt is below or above.  Would that be correct?
Could you explain further on "Louann Salt" and "Norphlet", thanks.

Bryan, see the attached as it shows the relative positions of the Norphlet Formation and Louann Salt Layer.

Attachments:

Understand that BP is leasing to the north of the Valence Brewster well. One report of $1000/acre. Anyone heard about this?Norphlet in this area is thin and probably salt filled not like the 800' Norphlet sand dunes producing gas in May Jane Field Alabama.Valence is notorious for misinformation. Wells are on BP farmout.

James, sorry but small correction - Mary Ann Field.  Named after wife of Mobil CEO at that time.
You guys keep referring to Nancy Brewster #8 and Jordan #3's. I know how to look up by serial # or section/township/range on Sonris, but how do I look up by name?

Thanks!!
Sonris doesn't cover TX. Use the Texas Railroad Comission's website.
James Bedford---Valence operating Company is private. One of advantage of private co. that can say anything they desire and keep "Tight Lipped"
I talked to someone watching Valence two wells last week, he said he had not seen any tanker trucks, tanks, frac tanks etc on the locations nor any well equipment for production. He did say the depth was required in the farmout from BP.  I also talked to a scout that keeps up with wells in East Texas and he said it was a bunch of BS.  Heresay for what it is worth. I myself wish it were true.

Terry,

There was activity on the Brewster #8 pad last night. Tanks have not been set yet. Activity has increased in the Harrison County Courthouse for the last 90 days.

Heard the Brewster has been hooked to a oil pipeline. No trucks. No tanks just some simple metering that may not be near the wellhead. The Jordan was only logged in March - too early yet.

Tell Gammon he may not know the full story.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service