Here are links to two maps showing some locations of Sabine Parish permitted wells. One is for wells below 10000 feet and the other is for wells to 9999 feet . I have also included some wells from DeSoto/Red River/Natchitoches parish that are below 10000 feet. Wells were mapped using well surface coordinates provided by the DNR from the individual well page. By using the satellite view, you can zoom in and check the location of the wells relative to your location. Not all wells are mapped yet, it is a work in progress.

View Permitted Wells Below 10000 feet Sabine/DeSoto/Red River/Natchitoch... in a larger map

Tags: Maps, Sabine Parish

Views: 198

Replies to This Discussion

Great stuff. Thanks!
lThanks so much!! This is great...
dixie, you do great work!!
You're welcome. I like to see how far or close these wells are to me and thought others would like to see also. Will be updating as time permits.
Another twist on the maps: To see the townships, range, & some sections overlaid on a map in Google Earth

You can download Google Earth and then from another tab go to the www.earthpoint.us website; go to the BLM Township, Range, & Section page, click the View from Google Earth button and it will add that feature to Google Earth for you. Then using another tab open the Google Maps site (not the Google Earth), open the map you wish to view and click the "View from Google Earth" button from that map. It will open in Google Earth and transfer the place markers. You may have to turn some of the other layers off to get some of the clutter off of the map. Not all sections are available.
Wow Dixie! Look what Whitney Corp. did on April 16! They permitted seven wells!

One for section 002-09N-14W, two for section 020-10N-14W, and FOUR for section 028-10N-14W.

All the wells are permitted for 17,500', with a true vertical depth of 12,500'.

Things are looking up for Sabine Parish.

I wish Chesapeake would post what the Nabors-Logan 34H potential is!
Something is going on with the last well drilled there, i can see the light's at night , they are working it .
Dixie, if you are interested the following is a listing of the permitted Haynesville Shale wells in Sabine Parish:

Shell, Olympia Mills 26 #1 Well, Serial #236842, S26-T9N-R12W
Shell, Murray 31 #1 Well, Serial #236843, S31-T10N-R11W
Chesapeake, Nabors Logan 34 #H1 Well, Serial #238703, S34-T10N-R12W
Chesapeake, Nabors Logan 27 #H1 Well, Serial #239443, S27-T10N-R12W
Chesapeake, Labokay 27 #H1 Well, Serial #239368, S27-T10N-R13W
Forest, Black Stone Min 26 #1 Well, Serial #239521, S26-T8N-R14W
Ellora, Whitney Corp 2 #H1 Well, Serial #239675, S2-T9N-R14W
Ellora, Whitney Corp 20 #H1 Well, Serial #239671, S20-T10N-R14W
Ellora, Whitney Corp 20 #H2 Well, Serial #239672, S20-T10N-R14W
Ellora, Whitney Corp 28 #H1 Well, Serial #239673, S20-T10N-R14W
Ellora, Whitney Corp 28 #H2 Well, Serial #239674, S20-T10N-R14W
Ellora, Whitney Corp 28 #H3 Well, Serial #239676, S20-T10N-R14W
Ellora, Whitney Corp 28 #H4 Well, Serial #239677, S20-T10N-R14W
Thanks Les B, I checked my map for all of the wells you listed and they are all on the map. Things are looking up in Sabine, those 7 wells permitted for the Whitney Corp are in the Union Springs & Converse area (the NW part of the parish). Although none of the wells permitted are in my section, it is good to see that some folks in our parish will be getting a piece of the pie.
Dixie, it would certainly be nice if some of the folks from Sabine Parish would get a piece of the pie. Everything you see marked 'Whitney corp.' and Ellora... Well, the parish will not see a penny. Ellora is out of Boulder, Colorado. Whitney corp. is out of Cincinatti, Ohio. I have land that I should get some money from but they are claiming a mineral servitude from 1940! I already leased in 2005 but now they claim this Whitney Corp. owns the minerals to about 15,000 acres; including my acreage. How about that? Locals and Louisiana raped by the yankees as usual.
ZX,
Sorry to hear about the mineral servitude on your acreage, I am sure there are more stories out there similar to yours. Sounds like with these 3 wells (being discussed in the Encana Rigs post) in the Pleasant Hill area things will be picking up for Sabine Parish. I believe these 3 places may have been leased well before the rush and are now on their 2 year option, so no big lease money for the landowners there. Hopefully the wells will be good ones and the landowners will see some big money.
Well Done! Now, if only some of those yellow tabs would march a section or two west....

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service