Very worrying article today in Investopedia........here is the link:

http://stocks.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2011/Haynesville-Shal... 

I've always worried that things would come to a grinding halt just when they reach the boundary of our pooled acreage! Hope this isn't the case!

Views: 5013

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A very interesting development is quietly taking place among utility companies, municipalities and large consumers (like apt. bldgs in cities) where they are increasingly converting to natural gas over coal or other fuel because of cost savings. Some utilities are agressively promoting conversion to nat gas and providing hefty subsidies/price breaks for consumers and businesses to convert.

In NYC, new heating regulations were rolled out this past spring in an effort to get control of the high air pollution produced by the No. 6 heating oil used most frequently in high rise buildings and apt. houses. Here's a brief bit on that from the NYT;

"The new rules require that by 2015, about 10,000 buildings switch from No. 6 heating oil, the cheapest but also the dirtiest fuel available, to No. 4 heating oil. Some buildings need to make the change as early as next July. But since buildings will be required to use either No. 2 oil or natural gas by 2030, many building owners are contemplating making the larger change now to avoid two separate conversions. Natural gas currently costs about 30 percent less than fuel oil."

There also seems to be a lot of talk, and some action, about converting large government and military fleets to gas.

I don't want to seem naive (and I currently live near DC), but I'm hoping that at least some lobbying power will be neutralized by the mighty American consumer, leading the way where those little devils in Congress fear to tread!

Thanks to  "All"  for your added info. 4 a newby this is very Helpful...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service