Time for the first annual HS Well HOF based on initial flow rates. I have included wells that had an initial rate above 20 MMcfd.

Go here for the latest update:

http://haynesvilleshale.ning.com/group/drillingriglocations/forum/t...

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SB, could it be Section 2 of 14/15 instead?
I never put much stock in fat women anyway.
I don't disagree with you, Jim. But if you give me a choice today between owning an interest in a well with an IP of 20 million amd a well with an IP of 10 million, I would choose the same one that you would choose.
I thought we were discussing the Haynesville Shale. Assuming the entire lateral is fraced and producing, my money is on the wells with the highest IP rates. I believe they will eventually have the highest EUR's, with few exceptions, in the Haynesville. Others say it is like the tortoise and the hare and the tortoise will eventually win out. Personally, I'll take the hare every time, all things being equal.
Jim, come on let's be fair. Those are Bossier Sand wellsrather than Bossier/Haynesville Shale wells.

I remember one of the first wells in the Arun Field in Indonesia that produced at 150 MMcfd but had a flow capacity of 500 MMcfd. But that was a limestone reef with unbelievable permeability.
Can you post the data/information on Mainland Resources Inc.'s well ? Anyone have the well information on them- they are a independent/junior player in the shale.

Thanks-
C.Keddy

blog: www.naturalgasforamerica.com
Caroline. The Petrohawk wells that Mainland is a minority partner in are mentioned in the press releases available on the Mainland Resources website. http://www.mainlandresources.com/
Caroline, Mainland has participated in the two following wells as non-operator:

Petrohawk, Griffith 11 #H1 Well, Serial #238281, S11-T13N-R14W, Holly Field (Complete - see above)
Petrohawk, Stevenson Douglas 16 #1 Well, Serial #239085, S11(16)-T13N-R14W, Bethany-Longstreet Field (Currently Drilling)

Mainland has indicated a 3rd well will be spudded in August and I assume it will also be outside operated.
All of you seem like you are in "the know." So, does anyone know anything about # 239228. I appreciate any input you may have. Thanks.
SL, the is some information in addition to Jay's note:

Nomac #49 Rig, Chesapeake, Smithburg 7 #H1 Well, Serial #239228, S7-T13N-R12W
Keep an eye on 239383 - Rex Young 6H, It's Questars longest lateral to date (5000'). They're pretty excited about the potential.
That well has its pad in Section 6, but is actually drilling Section 7 to the south. I question whether the lateral length in the Haynesville in Section 7 is that long.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service