I hope everyone watched GASLAND on HBO. rerunning all the time and also on demand. It's time to learn the consequences of the money you are making.

Tags: GASland, HBO:

Views: 411

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Mark:

I would say as per the usual, trolls appear and regularly get thumped here on GHS. Then, they leave, being identified, and allow legitimate debate to continue. When trolls start making movies which receive enough exposure to beg and/or require comment and legitimate debate, and some of their other troll friends start to show, one thinks about rolling up one's sleeves to deal with the problem.

Kind of like mice in a stable. One or two can be dismissed as minimal or even cute. When more start to show, time to clean out the stable.
spot on dion ...as usual.
troll thumpin'n huh ? lol i always call it troll patrol. i remember a couple of the ladies on here were fond of the troll dolls when they were younger and had decided to call them something else. just cant remember what. lol , my trolls name is kingjohn's yes man. getting back on topic...
i was thinking, there have been numerous studies into drinking water contamination due to frac jobs, yet there has not been a single case confirmed.

FACT: The bipartisan 2005 energy bill, a bill supported by then Sen. Barack Obama, clarified that Congress never intended hydraulic fracturing to be regulated under Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). Hydraulic fracturing has a 60-year record of strong local and state regulation and has never – repeat, never – resulted in a single instance of groundwater contamination. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under Presidents Clinton and Bush, the Groundwater Protection Council and the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission concluded that this practice is environmentally safe.

kj
sometimes the mice get into the house and are harder to get rid of, just remember to check the traps frequently to avoid the smell.
makes me think about my attic a few years back... put traps up there, then forgot about them till that smell came a calling. that's why i have three cats now. the barn, the garden, and the house are all safe. btw- i also have three dogs. lol
kj
KJ:

But do you have a picture of three dogs similar to the picture that Two Dogs has?? lol
ha ha ha... can't hold a candle to that one but i'll try. "three dogs a peeing" coming soon.
kj
i prefer spider monkeys for mechanical removal, i had mine fitted with specialized optics for more efficient operation

i never knew the guy in the six flags commercial was actually a monkey!!!
kj
Sounds like the working title of a remake for an old book. "Of Mice and Monkeys." lol

80)
I live in NY only a few miles away from Millanville, PA, the place where Josh Fox claims to owns property but he doesn't, you knew that was coming didn't you. I also know of no one in the area that has been offered $5200/acre. The Delaware Basin Commission hasn't even allowed anyone to drill in the water shed and its going on three years.

As far as flaming faucets, pretty common up here to have methane and sulfur in water wells.

The location I'm from in upstate NY(Catskill Mountains) is a playground for NYC, NJ and Philly people with weekend homes and small land holdings and they don't want anyone to touch anything that might disrupt their weekends upstate, NIMBY'ism, so they have set out to try to ban gas drilling using misinformation and fear mongering to the unsuspecting people who are not familar with the gas industry.

If your interested in more info or want to lend advice feel free to visit http://www.pagaslease.com/index.php

I own 300 acres in NYS and as of now no leasing or drilling is taking place because of the moritorium that is currently in place in NYS.

PS I read your site quite often and have gained much insight into the workings of the whole natural gas process.

Thanks,

KF
KF, glad to have you aboard and thank you for the insight.
kj
KF:

And the veil continues to get pulled back. I am finding some of the other film projects that Josh Fox has made and been a part of quite interesting. Hardly paints the figure of a 'Joe Happenstance' who just stumbled into a Marcellus play that just happened to cause him to bump into other people claiming their wells were fouled by the gas well down the road and oops woke up one day in Colorado.... Hmmm... I'm feeling some astroturf under our feet.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service