Rosebud's discussion about unusual food combinations, got me to wondering if I'm missing any good Restaurants around town. I don't cook, so I've been to a bunch, but I'm sure I've missed a few.

What are some of the "don't miss" small establishments that I might have missed?

Views: 169

Replies to This Discussion

Rosebud,

Newks is pretty good, but not even close to Jason's Deli. Jason's is one of my favorite places to eat. I didn't include them because they are a chain. I've never had a bad meal at Jason's. Their salads are the best.
I agree about Jason's - I love salads! I just heard on TV that a Shreveport landmark "hole in the wall" restaurant is closing - Murrell's on E. Kings Highway.
Oh wow, I was just talking about Murrells elsewhere on this site. The original Murrells is now called George's Grill, 1st time I went there was in 50;s. Sorry to hear that, best danged hash browns in the world!

Actually the Jason's Deli I liked is on Greenville Ave in Dallas, but they were cited for 6 different areas by sanitation, so I'm skeptical sorry to spoil your salads Rosebud.
Tiger,

If the one in Shreveport has any issues with their salads. I'm already dead. I eat there about once a week. I would eat there more often but it's not close enough.
Yeah I know Parker all the places I have eaten in my lifetime in Mexico & abroad I hope my luck hasn't run out yet.
Tiger,

Their salads are so good that food poison would be a small price to pay.
We really like Vince's Northport on North Market. Relaxing atmosphere, nice servers and good food. Try the Cajun Ribeye with Crawfish Etoufee.
jan's river out by water town. the fish is great but the steak is the best i've ever had.
Not fancy or hole in the wall, but I like Texas Road House. Just good meat, cooked right without monkeying with it with too much spice or other flavoring. I hate it when I bite into a steak and don't taste meat. Not open for lunch, except on weekends, though.
I agree completely Mac. And the big rolls with the cinimon flavored butter are to die for! The even make good rice as a side. Prices are reasonable as well.
Cinnamon made me remember another little "hole in the wall" restaurant that serves good food - Rollin' in the Dough across the street from the Broadmoor Library. Their cinnamon rolls are wonderful but I wish they weren't quite so sugary. I love sweets but they're almost too much of a good thing.

I like their fried catfish and hamburgers but, kinda' like Superior, I prefer to get them to go. At noon the tiny restaurant is usually packed and service isn't exactly quick.
Best Mexican food in town is Cantina Laredo. They make the guacamole at your table. Doesn't get any fresher than that! Their entree's are great too! Makes my stomach growl!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service