Horizontal well now proposed for state line area in Claiborne Parish

As reported this week by The Haynesville News and reported independently by North LA at another discussion group on GHS, T. S. Dudley Land Co is proposing a 1045-acre drillimg and production unit consisting of Sections 6 and 7 of T23N R5W of Claiborne Parish.

A legal notice in The Haynesville News says the well will have a likely measured depth of greater than 17,000 feet so it is almost certainly a horizontal well and the shape of the unit indicates the horizontal leg will be in a north-south direction, as seems to be usual for such wells. The hearing before the LA Department of Natural Resources is scheduled for August 9.

Views: 11806

Replies to This Discussion

Anything happening  Township 22N Section 6 range 5W?

Karen, the well you are interested in is the L SMK RA SUA; GARRET 7-23-5H #1.  You need to be following this discussion:

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/brown-dense-lower-smackover...

Karen,

The section you mention is 5 miles directly south of the Garrett well  in Lick Creek field to which Skip refers above. This Garrett well has reached total depth and will soon be or may already be in the fracturing stage. I think there is a very good possibility that the Brown Dense productive zone will extend as far south as your section.

One very hopeful sign in this regard is that AIX has apparently completed a vertical well in the Brown Dense in section 36 T23N R7W, which is about 7 miles west but only 1 mile north of your section. This well is the Garrett L&T:

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

It was potentialed at 800 MCFD gas and 110 barrels of 58 gravity oil or condensate. In general, a horizontal well would be expected to be more productive than a vertical well in a tight formation like the Brown Dense. Also, the contour lines given by SWN for the Brown Dense proceed in a southeasterly direction, which bodes well for your section.

Basin Drilling Rig #104 spud the AIX Camp Etal #2 2/8/12.

Skip,

Is there a map showing the townships?

I saw that there is a new well in the same general as the AIX E Crump Est #1, that being the MCA Resources #1 serial number 244367.

I have land in sections 4 and 5 of 23N 7 W and I need to know how close these to are to me.

jackie 

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

HARDIN ETAL #2

S28-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

GARRETT L&T #1

S36-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

CAMP ETAL #1

S35-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

CAMP ETAL #2

S35-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

E CRUMP EST #1

S9-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

MERRIT ETAL #1

S14-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

COLLIER HEIRS #1

S33-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

MCA RESOURCES #1

S9-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

Jackie, these wells are 4 to 5 miles to your south.  This is a section grid.

Jackie, as you can see from Skips data above and based on my visits  to thelocations in section 9  and  land in section 4 owned by friends your land cannot be more than 1 1/2 miles from these 2 wells. I was there about 3 weeks ago and it appeared AIX crump well appeared to be at or very near TD

Thanks for the info.  The AIX Crump well location is just south of my land in section 4, I could see  what i thought wasthe location from my southern land line down the old pipeline the last time I was there. Guess we will just have to wait and see. 

Jackie

Jackie, If you do not mind my asking I would like to know if your land in S4 is leased and if not  have you been approached about leasing.

Thanks.

aubrey

Yes leased to AIX about 3 years ago and just extended.

AIX (LIVE OAK) ENERGY

E CRUMP EST #1

S9-23N-7W

CLAIBORNE P

HAYNESVILLE, E

Looks like that well has been completed, but I really do not know what the report actually means.  Can you shed some light on it?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service