does anyone know whether they have moved the drilling rig in yet.
i viewed the location a week ago and it appeared that they were all
but done. the well is permitted to begin drilling by july 1.

Views: 577

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone know if the Bussey well has started the horizonal phase?
not yet
Bill
Thanks. If possible, keep us posted.
Bill,
I heard they cored the well last week.Why do you think it is taking so long to start the lateral?
ARKANSAS OIL AND GAS COMMISSION
301 NATURAL RESOURCES DRIVE
SUITE 102
LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS 72205
ORDER NO. 278-2010-04 May 07, 2010
DORCHEAT- MACEDONIA FIELD
Columbia County, Arkansas
AMENDMENT OF FIELD RULES & ESTABLISHMENT OF AN EXPLORATORY DRILLING UNIT.
After due notice and public hearing in El Dorado, Arkansas, on April 27, 2010, the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission, in order to prevent waste, carry out an orderly program of development and protect the correlative rights of each owner in the common source(s) of supply in this drilling unit, has found the following facts and issued the following Order.
FINDINGS OF FACT
From the evidence introduced at said hearing, the Commission finds:
1. That Brammer Engineering Inc. and Anderson Exploration Energy Company, L.C. (the “Applicant”), is requesting that the Field Rules for the Dorcheat Macedonia Field as established in Order No. 12-44 be amended to exclude Section 12, Township 18 South, Range 23 West in Columbia County for the Smackover Formation only.
2. That the Applicant requested the establishment of an exploratory drilling unit consisting of all of Section 12, Township 18 South, Range 23 West, Columbia County, Arkansas for the Smackover Formation only.
3. That there are currently no producing wells in Section 12, as all wells that previously produced have been plugged and abandoned.
4. That the Applicant and its participating partners own more than 50% interest in the right to drill in the proposed units and that the exploratory units is necessary for the development of the oil and gas natural resources of the State of Arkansas.
5. That the geological evidence presented reasonably indicates that the proposed exploratory units to be productive of hydrocarbons.
6. That no objections were filed.
7. That in view of the geological exhibits and other testimony on behalf of the Applicant, it appears that the request should be granted.
CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
1. That due notice of public hearing was given as required by law and that this Commission has jurisdiction over said parties and the matter herein considered.
2. That the land described in Finding No. 1 above should be removed from the Field Rules for the Dorcheat Macedonia Field, Order No. 12-44, as amended as to the Smackover Formation.
3. That the land described in Finding No. 2 above should be established as exploratory drilling and production unit based on evidence received by the Commission.
4. That this Commission has authority to grant said petition under the provisions of Acts 1939, No. 105, as amended.
ORDER
It is, therefore, ordered by the Commission:
1. That the Field Rules for the Dorcheat - Macedonia Field, Order No. 12-44, as amended, be amended to exclude Section 12, Township 18 South, Range 23 West in Columbia County from the Field Rules for the Dorcheat Macedonia Field for the Smackover Formation.
ORDER NO. 278-2010-04
May 07, 2010
Page 2 of 2
2. That all of Section 12, Township 18 South, Range 23 West, Columbia County, Arkansas be established as an exploratory drilling and production unit for the Smackover Formation.
This Order shall be effective from and after May 07, 2010; and the Commission shall have continuing jurisdiction for the purposes of enforcement, and/or modifications or amendments to the provisions of this Order. This Order will automatically terminate under any of the following conditions: well drilling operations have not been commenced within one year after the effective date; or one year following cessation of drilling operations if no production is established; or, within one year from the cessation of production from the drilling unit.
ARKANSAS OIL AND GAS COMMISSION
Lawrence E. Bengal
Director
Kicking off out of a vertical well to go horizontal can sometimes be tricky. Even at best it takes a few days for the cement kickoff plug to cure. Then they slowly begin the process of starting the lateral. The initial phase is very important. Sometimes the well doesn't "kick off," the bit just drills down through the plug and stays in the original well bore. If all goes well the mudloggers will begin to see increasing percentages of formation rock...less and less cement. When they're satisfied that they're out of the existing well bore they begin to steer the bit to orient the new well in the desired direction and to build the angle. This process is slower than normal drilling. Often a string of casing is run part way through the "turn" to stabilize the upper part of the hole. Once that is done the drilling of the "horizontal lateral" effectively begins. Nobody knows how easy or hard it will be to horizontally drill in the lower Smackover. All to say, this process may take a while. Bill
Bill:
Thanks for the update. Will this well be the first horizontal test of the lower smackover in AR?
yes
Thanks Bill,
I appreciate the explanation.It sure is nice to have knowledgable people to inform rookies like myself.
I hope you will keep us posted on their progress.Thanks again !
Tony
Bill,
I heard today that they had drilled the 1st 2000 ft of the horizontal.Is that correct ?
Thanks.
Hey Tony,
We have to set a protective casing string before we begin the actual "horizontal" phase of drilling. No, we're not drilling horizontal yet. I assume the pipe Les saw was the casing for the intermediate string. The separator he mentions is not part of a production facility...it will be used in the drilling process.
Bill
Hey Bill,
I noticed on the AOGC site the original permit called for a TVD 9900 and MD 13880.Now I see the amended permit is for TVD 9950 and MD 14412.Why did they decide to extend the horizontal 500' and is the 50' vertical significant ?Thanks.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service