A well was completed and put into production in my unit about 4 months ago. I haven't gotten a division order or anything yet. Petrohawk is the operator. Any suggestions?

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The wheels of a beuracratic large company turn slowly.... It is not unusual though if the time to prepare a DO is too long to pay on estimated decks... They can always make it up later if need be, as long as you are a mineral owner.
Ask them for a copy of your lease and division order--sometimes they have already have this on file and you are just going through a corporate layer process. Check production with the TxRRC and inform drilling company that you are legally owed interest after 120 days...if you don't ask, you don't get!
Thank you. We're on the Louisiana side of things, so I don't think the Texas Commission could help me out. However, maybe Louisiana has a similar provision about interest. Not likely, but as you said you never know unless you ask. In conversations with others in the area, it's obvious that Louisiana regulations let the companies more or less get away with this. It's too bad that people just don't do business in an up-front and totally ethical way. They know I have the rights. They've done the title work (in May). They have sold gas for over 4 months and haven't paid anyone in the unit except the first one to write a demand letter. I don't do business that way, but I understand that not everyone cares about doing the right thing.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service