.......then if they generally drill 8 per section, when/if will they drill the other 7? I'm sure it's when prices get better but.....there's no way they can drill that many wells in such a short time on such massive acreage on all their holdings, right? So, what is the typical protocal?

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JNP. Landmen are involved in many different facets of the O&G business. There are numerous areas of specialty. There are a number of landmen amongst the members. And together they cover just about all the bases.
JNP. I would expect a unit application this year. Just remember a unit order is good indefinitely and does not require that the operator of the unit drill a well as a well in an adjoining section may be utilized to define the depth of the HS in that field. Section 6 while in a predominantly CHK development area does have Fossil units to your immediate east (Sections 1-5) and to your south (7-10). The hold outs may tip the scales for CHK if that is who they signed with. Any idea if their hold out strategy got them a good bonus and lease terms? If I was a lessor in your section, I'd prefer my first well in the second half of 2010 as the chances are better that the price of ng will have improved by then. Or soon after.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service