T. Boone Gets Ready For His Million-Megawatt March
By Chris Vogel in Cover Story, Environment, Political AnimalsTuesday, Mar. 31 2009 @ 2:16PM
General T. Boone Pickens is invading Washington, D.C. tomorrow. Well, virtually.

Members of his New Energy Army, numbering somewhere between 1.5 and 3 million strong, are planning to bombard Congress with emails and phone calls urging lawmakers to pass legislation favorable to Pickens' plan to use less foreign oil and more wind power and natural gas. The three day campaign on Capitol Hill will last through Friday and Pickens' troops are getting keyed up.

"It's going to be a lot of fun to see what happens over the next few days," says Jordan Birden, the Pickens' army representative at Texas A&M who grew up just north of Houston.

Birden tells Hair Balls he's been contacting hundreds of people over social networking websites for the past few weeks urging them to take action this week. As for his part, Birden says not only will he email Texas senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn, but he will also call their offices in Washington, D.C.

"I was sitting there thinking about this the other day," he says, "and if these senate offices all of a sudden get 50,000 or more phone calls in one day, they're not going to know what to do with themselves."

Which is exactly the point. Pickens and numerous corporate sponsors for the event, including American Electric Power, the American Wind Energy Association and Chesapeake Energy, all have a stake in making sure lawmakers give a helping hand to wind energy and natural gas. Pickens himself will reportedly be in Washington lobbying as well.

The event has been in the works for about a month. Birden says the anticipation is killing him.

"There's been so much build-up," he says. "An tomorrow, once the bombs drop, it's going to be kinda fun to sit there and watch."

Get her done!

Buck

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KB,
That is correct, according to you, it's always me,it's never.

you you you you you you you you you you you you you

I'm never done, knock me down and I get right back up.
KB,

I'm glad to see your wearing down, you are a trooper I must say that. I do have that affect on people, or at least my wife says so. I'm not trying to be diffucult, I just want to be clear. I'm just looking for a simple answer that's all. Maybe something let's just put this all behind us and move on.

Jim sends me something to effect, "I decided unilaterally to not respond to the political rhetoric, unless my named appeared in it"
Hell, he sounds like Spock on Star Trek, how about a simply yes or no that's all. I have been doing this routine for three days now and
neither one of you will give me a direct yes or no answer.
I've read through this topic this far ... didn't want to yet again but some other folks are getting weary, too, and feeling like they've also been run over by "Mack trucks" of inflammatory dialogues.

I saw the offer for a truce ... I saw the second response. I saw that 2 topics were deleted ... know that one was done by a moderator.

As a GHS member, I vote for truce. What one person considers trash talk to another is their entitled opinion ... no matter how formed. It's the hallmark of a truly free & democratic society.

Best - sesport
KB,
Good late Afternoon,

I just now saw your post from this morning, you snuck this one in on me. The Spock thing was for Jim, I sent him a private message, and apologized for the cheap shot that I sent him this morning. I'm very happy to say Jim and I have patched up our differences, where gonna have a couple of shots of whiskey toghether and we might do some fishing.

KB, if I can stay away from politics, you can too. I don't care what anybody post on here politically, I won't touch it if you and Jim don't.
Having talk with Jim,I have no worries, but you seem to be on a little bit more shakey ground let's see how it all works out.

Dorcheated, "I was born down in the gutter
With a temper as hot as fire" Lynard Skynard
Oohh, I forget about the natural gas, I'm all in. I saw T Boone last night on the other channel, he did a great job of staying away from politics and focusing on his plan.
KB,
I didn't know you dyed your hair, interesting. Anyway, it's like Burger King you can have it your way sister, step up and order a crow burger anytime you want, I'm open 24 hrs a day. I serve crow sausage in the morning!! But the last time you ate at my restaurant, you got tired of me serving you lol. Now about my boys Skynard, I have pronouced their name Lynard Skynard or Lynard Knard all my life. I also prounouce your band, The Strolling Bones.

Keep on smilin' through the rain
Laughin' at the pain
Just flowin' with the changes
Till the sun comes out again

Wit Willy
hooked on politics, are we?
Wow, I just read my page, I'm a devil now. I'm really growing in stature.
It's a shame, that you let this consume you, but that's your decision and not mine. Today is going to beautiful, go outside enjoy it. Leave that keyboard alone, and go out and smell the fresh air.
KB,
When a person deletes me as a friend, why? would I use their personal e-mail. The fact that I can't post a comment on your board is what leads to this stuff. Do you not have my personal e-mail, sure you do, so why do you paste your comments on my page.
Why not send them via my e-mail. Now every freaking person on the GHS, knows I did my damn best to settle this issue. Jim Krowe and I talked, and we have put this behind us, you have choosen not too. You keeping asking for this, you keep begging for this, and yet you keep complaining about how your are treated. I treat people like they treat me, what in the hell is so hard to understand about that. If I went to your page and posted comments like that, you would have freaking melt down. Now, do you want to play the game or not. If you do, keep posting me, if not send a friend request, again you make the decsision, everybody already knows what mine is.
What runs on coal that CAN'T run on natural gas?

If we wean ourselves from Coal, Natural gas will be used. If wind is part of the mix, what can that hurt?
Earlene,

Can you imagine what CLEAN COAL will cost?

Also, don't forget that Electicity presently powered by Natural Gas locked themselves into those high prices from the past.
Earlene,

Not fair. Now you have to tell us all your theory on the fig leaf.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service