I have inherited some royalties in the S O Pennington survey, Shelby Co. My mother bought them in 1943. I have a division order for the S.E. Lambert Unit #1. I cannot identify the well on the TRRC maps. There are some 23 wells in the Pennington survey and only one dry hole, all the rest are producing gas wells. I assume the TRRC maps are up to date and none of these wells are actually plugged long ago. Does any one recall a SE Lambert Unit #1 in this survey.

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have certified documents of everything. Read my above replys and you will see. Right now I am trying to figure how to get something by vol and page number from the Shelby Co free files. I am trying to determine exactly where the SE Lambert Unit is situated as well as the 96 1/2 acres in which I have a royalty interest. So far no luck but I am hanging in there. Is there someplace to get a shelby county land map to see the plats within one of the larger surveys such as the SO Pennington. I have found the original deeds but they are distances from stakes, the old oak tree with the X and so on. Not much good.
Those descriptions sound like Avoyelles Parish, LA. I am not familiar with Texas only worked there a short time because it was a pressure job that needed all hands on deck. The courthouse I worked would let you index the documents for free but would charge a dollar a page for copies. I have thought that throwing the Section-Township-Range grid over Texas would be a good idea, just to have a half ass way to find your way around. You need to have a program called Deed Plotter to work in TX, or at least when I worked there you needed it. Get onto the Shelby Co group and you may find someone with better knowledge than me.
John-- did you get the other link to work for shelby records? You can get plat of recent permitted wells on the Texas RRC web site. On front web page click on the online queries link. then click GIS Map launcher veiwer which will give you map of Texas then in pull down box pull down zoom in then with your mouse point to county or area you want like Shelby then continue zoom in NE part of county just east of Joaquin and you will find the O L Pennington survey. there you will see icon of active wells go back tp pulldown box and click on identify wells then with mouse click well icon it will open up window with production--drill permit-- click on the drill permit it will open the permit information look down at botton you see W-1, plat, etc click on plat it will down load the plat. You will need a alternatiff viewer but you can download a free alterna TIFF viewer-- google in search alternatiff viewer or alternatiff installer
John-- when you click drill permit after it opens you then have to click on lease name to open the permit with all information
http://cc.co.shelby.tx.us/RealEstate/SearchEntry.aspx

You can use the link above and plug in the appropriate Volume/Book and Page numbers to find the documents that you are looking for.
John-- for you info--The OS Pennington survey is also location of a well that is presently drilling by Goodrich Petroleum the R Dean Hays GU #1H and #2H stracked laterals one in the Hynesville the other in the Bossier- this two formation both shale connected by the hip on top of each other. The #1H was spud about 6 weeks ago and is at TVD and drilling in the lateral of the Haynesville and then the #2H will follow by moving rig over on same pad site. This is a well I am very interested in since it is located about 2 miles ENE of my minerals and will defind if I am in the shale play and get drilled or not.
Hardage --I understand John mineral are not in the Goodrich well just same survey OS Pennington I just thought he may find info about the well of interest.
Hardage, can you search the records and print stuff out for free in Texas? Seems like the clerks are shooting themselves in the foot in the revenue department. I like the idea of looking for free but printing seems to be a place where they would lose money.
Hardage the site link I gave --you can download records dating back to the early 1900s and it is free. http://cc.co.shelby.tx.us/
Two Dog-- not all of the counties in Texas online records are as up todate as the Shelby County site is and not all counties let you have free download I wish they did. For example Shelby goes back to early 1900s and Rusk County my county goes back only to 1963 and the down load to view and print $1 page not that bad pain to registrate payments but wish they had data earlier. It varies county to county
That dollar a page deal is a smart idea on the clerks part. That is the way it is in most courthouses, when you walk in the door you can look but not copy, this is their source of revenue.
Adubu is correct. Despite the fact that the Shelby site states that the names only go back to 1983 it does in fact go back to 1900. Again correct, the Goodrich well was spudded on the Pennington tract but bottoms west of the survey. A well of interest none the less.
I still am not able to find where my small 91.48 acres lies within the Pennington survey. The original survey in 1948 used cow chips, stumos etc. Nearly worthless. Also it uses veras. There are Texas veras, california veras, etc. I am most unhappy to be told that there is a 3-4 year statute of limitations on back royalties.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service