My brothers and I are in the process of having our mothers succession done. We have been discussing leasing the property with JW Porter ( Chesapeake), but the rep. with JW Porter is pressuring us to hurry and sign. She (JW Porter) is telling us Chesapeake will force pool us if we don't hurry. Can they do this? And what do you suggest we do at this point.

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John C. Murrell, "The Reverand Bandit", had a gang that numbered, by some accounts to exceed 400 members. This would have been well before the Civil War probably during the 1830s. You gonna love this KB, there is one scool of thought that says he was Jean Lafitte. I will go there at another time. His main hideout was in the hills of what is now Red Dirt between Cotile (Boyce) and Natchitoches. This was part of the disputed area of the Louisiana Purchase called "No Mans Land". He got the name of "The Reverand Bandit" cause he would go to small country curches and preach then his gang would come in and rob the congregation.
I try to put the things that I can into the pirates perspective. Just think if "The cannons don't thunder, theres nothing to plunder, I am an over 40 victim of fate, life ain't too late, life ain't too late".
Just a quick historical FYI: John Murrell was commonly known as "Reverand Devil". The whole bunch was either hung, shot or just plain run out of the country. I guess you could say that some folks just got fed up.
Ancient landmen buzzards?
KB:

My post on “consequences” was intended as a fact based response to your admonition against value judgments.

Allow me to explain.

If a mineral owner rides a well down after having received a fair market offer to lease and also chooses not to participate by contributing their acreage to the working interest and paying their pro rata share of costs. In my experience, if the well is completed as a producer, the operator will probably force that party to spend large sums of money (hire a lawyer, provide an acceptable title opinion, split-stream gas, and/or file a lawsuit) before that party receives any money from production.

Big companies have lots of lawyers and have NO problem making life miserable for small stakeholders who are giving them trouble. The price of a ticket into court is around $40,000.

Make no mistake, the unleased mineral owner will eventually prevail, but only if they have the money to purse their claim to the end, whatever that might be.

A good friend of mine just quit a lawsuit that they would have won on the merits if they had been willing to spend an undetermined amount over the $85,000 that they had already spent in pursuit of justice.

So, if you want to make you lawyer happy, Tee it up.

Best,

Jay

PS. “you” in my posts refers to the public in general.
Please give us a docket number of your friend's case, the name of the suit and the parish. It's public record, after all.
M. Mcwilliams,

I'm with you.

Mr. Murrell seems to be "light" on documentation.
Hi Parker:

If you have unleased minerals in a unit that has or will be drilled, why don't you ride the well down and report back how it works out for you.

Best,

Jay
If riding the well down is a good idea, why doesn't Martin Timber go unleased?
Montague Co., TX

J. B. Irons,et al v Chaparral

knock yourself out
That's all we asked for.

Would you just take someone's word that you don't know on a website?
Guess I'll have to take your word for it, I'm not going to be reading the court record from there.

And by the way, I believe you. But one question: you keep referring to unleased landowner/mineral owners as freeloaders, but in fact they are paying their pro rata share of well costs. Why aren't you acknowledging that fact?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service