Interesting to see that there will be a 22,000 ft well
to spud soon in Jefferson County exploring Haynesville Shale.

See Mainland Resourses----any comments??????

Tags: Activity, Mississippi

Views: 13520

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

"Dad Joiner is dead and a man named Jed both had plenty of luck"..........................
The July issue of World Oil also had a column on Mainland and this well. The "Innovative Thinkers" segment talks about how the new well will twin the Chevron well from 1981. Temperature is not mentioned, but extremely high pressure is...to the tune of 22,000 psi at 19,400 ft. If there is any producible gas, it will certainly flow!
There has been quite a lot of skepticism & doubt directed at Mainland & this well in Miss. Perhaps we should at least give them credit for getting this project together & starting to drill a week ago. If this well is good, there will most likely be activity back in portions of Tensas & Concordia Parishes & maybe even farther west in La. It may be that they got the jump on the big boys here. ( no, I do not have any Mainland stock).
Long Shot, for a peek at the numerous discussions focusing on Mainland Resources over two years on GHS, go to the archives. Newbies lack context and therefore assign intent to those expressing skepticism and doubt. How about doing a little research and discovering the reasons behind those opinions? Some of those expressing doubt have some pretty hefty resumes. But then again they can always be marginalized by merely saying they are industry members attempting to downplay the significance of the Mainland well. I can assure you they have no skin in that game and are simply expressing that Mainland has no prior history or accomplishments that would lead one to believe they can pull this off. It took them over a year to find the money for this well. If capable operators and savvy investors would have thought it was a great opportunity, Mainland would have been funded in a heart beat. IMO, none of the doubters would be upset if Mainland made a well, just surprised.
Skip, maybe in the next 5-6 months we will know for sure about this well. Thank you for your input.
Long Shot, the well is drilling now and I will post updates from the weekly rig reports, until completion results are available. Maybe we should take bets and offer odds. Let me know.
Skip.
Hardage, since you are the first to express interest, I will offer you the opportunity to set the line. Now all we need to determine is who holds the money!
Skip, it will be good to have weekly updates on this well posted by you. I do not make bets, however if I did, I would bet that this well is good.
Skip, what day each week will your updates be posted? I don't want to miss them when they are first posted.
Yes, Skip please post the weekly updates.. I have a few hundred royality acres under this mainland lease, and I am anxious to know whats going on.

Thanks
it might be wise to familiarize yourself with the MOGB website russel.
According to Mainland, they have 18,000+ acres leased and are willing to spend around 8.5 million to drill & another 5 million or so completion. Why are they willing to risk this much money unless they are confident of success?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service