A recent update by a reputable energy consultant projected the following outlook for the Henry Hub natural gas:

Aug 2012 - $2.75/MMBtu 

Sep 2012 - $2.55/MMBtu 

Oct 2012 - $2.60/MMBtu

Average 2013 - $3.95/MMBtu

Views: 4475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how do we really n know what will happen i got a email on thur   that forbes is predicting natural gas would be.8.00.per mcf. by winter that would be nice i dont understaand hoe chesapeake could be so far behind in payments to roalty owners  seemes to me they could catch up to get  april check in june may check in augtust they report on the 30th of each month just seems kinda strange

James, no one knows definitely what is going to happen but the Forbes article was written by someone that has little or no understanding of the natural gas business.  I assume they were just trying to make a headline that would attract readers.

$8 peak with a $3.5 average for 2012-13 I could understand that

BUT $8/MMBtus get alot of people eyes - something like - MJ at $5/10gm....see if that gets anyone eyes or nose going

OBTW the LosAngeles DptWater/Power had a 25 yr hedge at $5.5-7/MMBtu but I doubt we can keep it at $3.50 as a long term average with all of the shut-in with gathering/transmission pipe in the ground and a computerized operating center with someone watching the Hub prices and their on/off switches - probably all computerrized plays anyway --- how can anyone hedge these days...DayTraders delight in the bright moonlight....Tom

When I have time going to post the info on six wells that Chesapeake has and the production from those wells..and how small the checks are.  But for right now..just tryint to keep my mind off the gas business.  I am reconciled that I have those two deep pits on my property that will probably not be utilized in my lifetime.  But these figures I am posting will give you an idea of how they coudl be so far behind on payments..they not making them.

What do you suppose the price of Natural Gas must be for leasing/drilling to begin anew in the Haynesville Shale?

If averaging over $4 for a year and with LNG exports and new fleets (=long term commitments) and oil less than $90 then maybe rigs and landsmen will come back - welcome to boom and bust - OPEC figured this out a long time ago...keep the price relatively low so that alternatives are too much trouble to go for...only real hope for gas is to get TVA and virtuay all power off of coal and on to NG along with at least 4 more LNG Exporters (1 NE, 1-SE, 2-3 LA/TX and 1-Oregon) before gas becomes as hot as it was two years ago...also read your lease agreements and holders may not have to pay for prduction below current leases - check with someone that knows the LA/TX lease laws...Sorry to be so pessimitic...Tom

August NYMEX Gas Contract Settlement Price:  $3.01

http://gsfi.net/common/NYMEXSettlementHistory.pdf

We have gotten some payments from Chesapeake however as best as I can make out, price is shown as $1.18forapril and may. Seems awfully low as checks from encana and shell showing higher sales price. Can anyone hahelp with this question?

Ok all you experts out there...want to explain why Natural Gas is today at $3.81 and rising?  I still say it is going to hit $5 by end of year and I no expert.

Just reminding you all.

Remind me again when the price goes over $4. 

remind me again when the price gets over $2.00

You can count on it...

Hope can do that in next few days.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service