Major move to the south in San Augustine Co., this well is 12.1 miles southwest of San Augustine in the A. Spear, Abstract 43. Woohoo!! all you south county people!

BLACK STONE UNIT A-43 - Well # 1H
Status # 687761
API #
OP # 251691 - ENCANA OIL & GAS(USA) INC.
Pending Approval ,
Submitted: 11/23/2009 ,Filed: Online
06 - SAN AUGUSTINE County
New Drill 15000'
Horizontal
Field - Wildcat

Views: 1405

Replies to This Discussion

The report I received from yesterday afternoon (approx 5pm) was that they were moving equipment from the site and the trucks were heading east (guessing to the new Encana site down the road).
Fracking couldn't be far behind. I wonder if the pipeline is ready?
The pipeline is buried. I saw a little activity at the laydown area Wednesday but it looks like things are pretty much wrapped up. The drill site itself was not very active either. There was one tractor trailer with a tanker hooked to it. We must be getting close on this one.
Any updates?? Just wondering what going on next.
I'm heading up there today & will check things out. Are you of Carlton Pate ancestry? I used to go to his store off FM1196 as a kid...
Farmbrad, My brothers and sisters use to go to the store on 1196 frequently because we are of Cleo Pate ancestry. Great memories there. Maybe we played together as kids while drinking a peach soda.
I am related to the Pate family but not my husband. My brother said we were second cousins to the Carlton Pate family. My family moved from San Augustine when I was 2 yrs old. So, I don't know a lot of my Mom and Dad's relatives.
I visited the well site and there's hardly anything there. The well pad is totally cleaned up with the exception of some tall stacks of wooden mats. If you look hard you can see the lone piping arrangement where the drilling penetrated the ground. It's not what I expected as it appears to be an 8" or so vertical not more than 4ft above grade. I think this one is finished.
On another topic, I rode the right-of-way from the well toward HWY 21 to see where it would come out. The pipeline is not complete as it appears to be near the well. The further I went the less complete it got. I drove past open ditches with the welded 16" exposed. I ended up having to turn around at 5.7 miles because a crew had the road blocked at a creek crossing. They were still laying pipe...
It'll remained capped until the pipeline is ready, and won't be frac'ed (fracked? whatever) until it is tied in to the pipeline. So, nobody, including Encana, will know how good the well really is until all that is done.
Got this info, today, straight from EnCana. "We wish we had some numbers on that well. It hasn't been frac'd, yet, because the pumping crews are backed up."
I dont think this news is new to anyone, but it is straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Just confirms what j garrett said. "Nobody, including EnCana, knows how good the well really is".
Any news on progress of wells?
There's an 18 wheeler with a large box trailer that has very low clearance from the ground backed up to the well head today. Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service