New rumor - another monster 30mmcf+ well West of city of San Augustine

I heard this from two diffferent sources.  I believe it to be West of the airport, maybe Cabot's Jacquelyn Bright Unit or Winston or King Units, or maybe Common Resources  Burrow's Unit.  It's supposed to be bigger than the Kardell well. Anybody else hear anything?

Views: 302

Replies to This Discussion

If this is the Cabot King unit, they only need to drill another about a mile further West to hit some of our leases with Cabot. With the Kardell sitting about the same distance East of another leased unit, this is getting my attention. Who knows, maybe this will be the 'Motherload' for a lot of us out there. Be even better if the price of natural gas ever climbs back up.
Bill R,
jffree's map looks like a pattern to me....across San Augustine in a rectangle shape. East from the Kardell..west to the King..then north to the Burrows and back east to the Ironosa. Although apparently St Mary has not yet begun to drill the latter.
i dont think we want the price of gas to go to hi or i think we will out price our selfs, if we can keep the gas at a price where we can make money, the o/g can make money and the consumes can save money. then everyone can be happy. at least thats the way i look at it.
Speaking of rumors, somebody posted yesterday that he heard the Kardell 1H had "collapsed". Then he and his post disappeared mysteriously. Can anybody comment? All I know is he was last seen running from Cheerleader.
Concerned Lessor, I'm not as exhuberant as Cheerleader but I know that everyone in two counties is interested in the K1H! No one wants to hear bad news but if there is a problem with the well, I'm sure we'd all like to know. But, I appreciate that you were concerned about reporting second hand information. We should all be that careful.

jf
Probably a bad rumor started by someone from Chesapeake. Lets concentrate on the new rumor, the well west of town bigger than the Kardell!!!
Does anyone know if a survey and abstract would be one owner, or possible many? I am not sure if when you sell partial property it would be given another number?
Is there a website for San Augustine you can look up propery records?
janna a survey and abstract is simply a specific parcel of lands identity. there are typically many tracts within a survey owned by many different people. some surveys are very large and some not so much. here is a link to the TRRC website where you can identify and find a particular survey.

http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/

I believe you said you are in the Spear/A-43. From the county drop down, click S. Augustine County, then from the map tool drop down, click "Identify survey" . This should open a new window where you can enter the survey name and/or abstract number. then click map and it should take you right to the Spear Survey.
Survey names and abstract numbers do not change.
reported to TRRC production for the Devon Kardell #1H --reported test rate 30 MMCF/day

Current Operator: DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION CO, L.P. (216378) District: 06
Field: BOSSIERVILLE (BOSSIER SHALE) RRC Identifier: 254271
Lease: KARDELL, S. GU Gas Well #: 1H
Prod Month Range: Oct 2009 - Dec 2009 Lease Type: Gas

Oil/Condensate (Whole Barrels) Gas/Casinghead Gas - MCF
Prod Month Commingle
Permit No. On Hand
Beginning of Month Production Disposition On Hand
End of Month Formation
Production Disposition
Volume Code Volume Code

10/2009 N/A 47 47 176,761 176,761 02 =~5.7 MMCF/day
11/2009 47 25 72 0 -no production shown
12/2009 72 0 72 201,703 201,703 02 ==~6.5 MMCF/day
RBH, where are you getting this data? I have scoured the TRRC for anything like this and it does not appear to exist. If this data is real, could you please post a link or some info on how to find this stuff online. Thanks.
DATA REAL AND FROM THE TRRC WEBSITE--MAKE SURE TO CHECKING "PENDING" PRODUCTION WHICH IS WHERE SOME OF IT HIDES OUT--NEED OPERATOR #, TRRC RRC iDENTIFIER # FOR WELL WHICH I GET OFF THE PERMITS
EXAMPLE FOR CONCERNED LESSOR:
Production Report Queries PAGE ONLINE SERVICES

Production by Lease AND INPUT RRC Identifier: 254271

Current Operator: DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION CO, L.P. (216378) District: 06
Field: BOSSIERVILLE (BOSSIER SHALE) RRC Identifier: 254271
Lease: KARDELL, S. GU Gas Well #: 1H
Prod Month Range: Oct 2009 - Dec 2009 Lease Type: Gas

Showing: 1 - 3 of 3 results

Oil/Condensate (Whole Barrels) Gas/Casinghead Gas - MCF
Prod Month Commingle
Permit No. On Hand
Beginning of Month Production Disposition On Hand