We have had quite a few new members join lately, i'm interested in what brought you here and what major questions or issues are on your mind. Chime in!

Views: 2915

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Tyler paper offers the East Texas Driiling Report but now charges a subscription fee of $19.99 per month. You cannot get just a online subscription which should be a lot less expensive, so I too am missing the Drlling Report. I continue hoping they will reconsider and offer it online for less and I would subscribe. But $19.99 for one report a month is ridiculous.

A thirst for information, initially on Austin Chalk and later on all petroleum issues in Louisiana led me to the Haynesville Shale.com.  And the forum has yielded new friends and provided lesson upon lesson.  It also provided disappointments in Anadarko and cheers for the newcomers to Tuscaloosa Marine Shale.

Our current lease has another year to go.  And I am sure it will expire as has all those in the past.  New people have drawn new lines and now we find ourselves atop the Tuscaloosa Trend high resistivity zone.  I expect the next lease, will cover not only Tuscaloosa Trend and Austin Chalk but will include a zone/clause for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale (TMS).  But I think it will not be anytime soon.  More development of the TMS will tell.

This things can be a roller coaster, can't it?

Own land with my family in the Bolinger/Plain Dealing area.  Leased land about 1 1/2 yrs ago.  Trying to find out if we will ever see royaltys or a well for that matter? 

First you gotta have a well drilled.  Then the well has to produce petroleum products like oil, gas or gas fluids.  Then you get royalties.  Royalties are your share of the largess.  There in lies a lot of issues and problems.  I find Louisiana law is better than Texas or Mississippi law.  Louisiana has expiration dates, Pugh clause, and a pretty good state department to control the drilling industry.  Nothing is perfect but it sure seems to be a lot better in Louisiana.

Go look at your lease.  It will tell you a lot of things. How they will renew it, what you get if the hit pay dirt, and so on.  Louisiana leases are usually good for three years, they can be for less.  They pay you a fee and sometimes a bonus to lease.  You usually have to have a lease first but then you could drill your own well (if you have a enough money).  So a lease usually puts the risk on the developer not you,  You just collect but sometimes collecting can be a huge fight.

Plain Dealing is a great name

Hi,

I'm interested in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale, particularly in Southwest Mississippi.

I first became interested in this site when I learned my family would be under the Anderson wells in Amite County...a modest ownership, I might add. 

I was taking up the time of a petroleum engineer relative/friend from Amite County trying to learn about everything related to these wells when he directed me here and I've been active since...both reading and posting.  Most of my posts have been in the form of questions, but I've managed to share a bit of information along the way.

I've been a member here since sometime in the summer of 2011.  This site, among several, has allowed me to become dangerously knowledgeable on the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale...I know a lot more than I understand.

Thanks for the site, Keith.

Great to have you Bernell!

I live south of cottonport.  We signed with Anadarko and had high hopes that this was gonna be the ticket.  According to them we are in "the sweet spot" of the Austin Chalk but we were one of the last to get a proposed well.  Somehow they decide to drill wells outside of this area with not much success.  It seems they used the same process that hasn't worked in the past and according to others; didn't seem to know what they were doing.  Our site was prepped and ready to go when they decided to abandon all attempts in this area.  So as they say we were left "high and dry."  We took their initial offer this time but won't next time.  The thing that puzzles me is they are drilling chalk in the Vernon parish area which doesn't have near the potential; go figure? m Hopefully they'll sale our lease to someone who is "hungrier" to take advantage of what could have a huge upside.  Good luck to everyone else.

I've been a member for several years. Am both a land/mineral owner in N. Bossier Parish, as well as an independent landman, who has worked in Haynesville shale play, E. Texas, Oklahoma, Niobrara Shale play (NE Colorado),  Marcellus Shale (PA), various Wilcox plays in S. Louisiana, now doing some curative work for play in W. Texas.  I enjoy reading the various posts, although I seldom post myself. Welcome to all newbies, only dumb question is that one never asked!

Welcome Jim, great to hear from you!

I have been on here for several years and own minerals. I knew little about shale gas before the Haynesville shale came along.

I am fascinated by the development of shale gas and how it may hopefully lower energy costs. That would bring back more manufacturing to the US. I'm also interested in safer, cleaner ways to develop and use natural gas. I know of no other energy source that has the potential that natgas does.

Also, I really appreciate Keith and all the long time members on GHS who have dedicated countless hours to helping other members. All of us have our own "special interest" but the cumulative advice on GHS is excellent. No other site following natgas helps out the newbie nearly so much as GHS - or gives the professional more views from folks outside the industry. More (good) info is always good.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service