Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please explain your statement "they didn't pay taxes all along" What do you base this on?
According to 'some people' the deficit will be taken care of by simple 'inflation'. Won't it?
This is a great reply which I entirely agree with except I would like to see a FLAT tax so that 40% would pay their fair share to the IRS and then we would see how they felt about tax cuts.
This strikes me as odd; this discussion thread, I mean. Odd in that I doubt many will even feel the slightest impact from an increase in the death exemption quantum, a change long thought overdue by most sensible experts, yet recent and fairly recent "death" issues that really matter are ignored: McCain linked to Latin American death squads through his association with the World Anti-Communist League, whose chairman was expelled under a cloud of allegations of his membership in a neo-Nazi organization and Cheney linked or even the head of an "executive assasination ring."
Bob,
You are off topic. We are talking about taxes, not conspiracy theories.
LOL
Point taken. As I understand this site, this discussion doesn't even belong on the main page in the first place. And, I do note, however, that the topic involved "death." There are more people impacted by death than the estate tax. Yet, there is more concern over the estate tax itself than death; death at the hands of our current and recent leaders, past leaders, such as the still outstanding Kissinger indictment for his involvement in the assasination of the Chilean elected president, which, frankly, concerns me far more than death taxes. Indeed, concerns me more and probably has more of an impact on our nation's future growth, as a nation and its national potential in the global market place, than a long needed increase in the death tax exemption will have.
It just struck me as odd, that's all.
Bob:

You are certainly entitled to view death taxes as a good thing, and when you say that the folks impacted by these taxes ".....didn't pay taxes all along" it strengthens your argument if these sums were never exposed to income taxation. I was just asking where youn get your facts.

Best,

Jay
Pipeliner. IMO, this discussion topic does not belong on the main page. The "Political Forum" page is the appropriate location for this discussion.
Skip:

If a goal of GHS is to disseminate information to mineral owners on how best to see their minerals developed why is it not appropriate to give them information on pending legislation that will directly impact them and their families once said mineral wealth becomes reality?

Best,

Jay
I've seen many on here, who agree with your views, which I respect but simply disagree with, actually accuse those who inherited land as not having worked for it. I always found that statement disingenuous and unfair in the context then used; i.e., assails on landowners trying to shake out a fair lease deal. So, to be consistent, I cannot turn around and say that the children who inherited the land didn't work for it. But, I must ask, other than the subsequent years' property taxes, which payment is a tax deduction from earned income, what taxes were paid as the land increased substantially in value over the years? Assuming as true that there has been and will continue to be real economic growth, is that not a tax free increase in wealth?
Bob:

The tax free increase that you speak of is due to inflation, which is in itself a tax.

JM

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service